Chapter 16: Visitors

I'm currently standing at the inn's roof while carrying Ruzi, I activated the mirage spell to hide us from the people's eyes. I looked down at the people below, as they busied themselves at making the Villager look more presentable and all. They have been occupied at making the village look presentable in front of the nobility, today is their deadline, as the Cui Clan's younger generation will arrive.

The Cui Clan is an intermediate Clan from the capital, a completely normal Clan with normal Clan members licking the boots of the higher ups, plotting against each other and with some elders eyeing the position of the head. I remember that one time that they tried to make connections with the people from the Dou Manor but were strictly sent away by Steward Li.

Three days ago, a letter arrived at the village head's house, the letter was from the Cui Clan, informing the whole Smaol village of the arrival of the Cui Clan's younger generation, the letter stated that if the younger generation 'supposed' did have a good stay on this borderline. Then the Cui Clan wouldn't be stingy, and they would reward the whole village with appropriate reward. I doubt they'd do that, though.

--

I've also sent Sona to take a look at the people that the Cui Clan sent to train on the Minor Beast Forest, if they really are just some arogant midgets and some half-ass escort then, I won't have to do a thing. But if perhaps some kind of person wanted to really train, then i'll have to avoid them.

From afar I could vaguely make out of Sona's figure, she blended quite well within the busy crowds, she didn't stood out and just walked casually towards the inn.

I made my way down the window, swift and agile, not making a single sound, even closing the window on my back, Ruzi immediately jumped down and run towards the bed.

Sona opened the door and seeing me she slightly bowed, then closed the door.

"Master, the one aboard the carriage are, Cui Miao, Cui Leng, Cui Shi Li, Cui Mi Li, and Cui Zi Zi their protectors are the 6th elder and 7th elder."

"Hoo~ Is that so." hearing the names of the members of the Cui Clan, my smile couldn't get any wider, these guys could be said that they are below the average on their clan, their only backbone are their parents, these kids are narowminded through and through. In short they won't be a problem, if it was some sort of smart-ass arrogant kid then they would try to get close to me by waving their Family backgrounds, while these idiots would just try

"Young Miss-- May I ask a question?"

"Hmm? Ah, yeah~"

"Should we not move out as soon as possible as to avoid getting involved with people from the capital?" Sona curiously asked, one had just to know how calculating Steward Li, is. Although Stewad Li was the one who bought Sona in the Dou Manor, Sona clearly knew the right from wrong and wasn't roped by money to

"Ah-- you may not know it, but these guys are absolute trash, although the rumors say that they are fair, right, and ally of justice etc. They are scumbags who uses their Clan's name to commit crimes~ But.... I'm quite curious at that kid Cui Leng, he's the current head's favorite grandson, although he have some few screw looses on his head, he's got potential in cultivating, it was quite a sight y'know? Just that.. Why would the headmaster send over his grandson with some half ass protector?" My mouth formed a calculative smile, as I started tocalculate the possibilities.

"Eh? Half-ass.... but Young Miss, the 6th and 7th elder of the Cui CLan has reached the peak of 6th level of Mortal realm-- Ah-- Young Miss, this may be rude, but can I ask what rank are you?"

"Oh, me? Well-- We'll have to wait until we get our hands on a Measuring Crystal." I shrugged my shoulders.

Measuring Crystals are the one used in measuring a mage's rank. You'll have to attack the Crystal then the Crystal would show different kinds of color depending on your rank. In short you can totally manipulate it in a test. There are too many loopholes, right?