Chapter 41: Is this the luck of a Protagonist?

As Rui Wei manipulated the Mist, she noticed that one cub is being specially tended by a higher ranked Snow Leopard.

She knitted her brows.

"Ruzi, do you think you'll like that one?" Rui Wei gently called Ruzi, pointing out the Snow Leopard Cub which is being cleaned by a higher ranked Snow Leopard.

Ruzi stared at the cub for a second but quickly shook his head.

"Then which one do you like?" Rui Wei specifically casted a spell to Ruzi's eyes so he would be able to see across her Mist.

"That one." Rui Wei looked at the direction which Ruzi's hands pointed.

Ruzi was pointing to a very small cub, it looked smaller than it's peer and seem to be pretty isolated from the group. It obviously looked weak and neglected.

"Okay, then we'll get that one." Rui Wei smiled, she flicked her fingers and the clones moved.

The clones silently moved towards the small cub that is being carefully tended, the clone with fluid movements casted a spell to the cub and it lost it's consciousness, before the cub hits the ground one of the clones jumped down to scoop up the cub.

Clone 1 succesfuly captured Rui Wei's chosen cub and immediately ran out of the mist, while clone 2 and 3 performed hand-seals and created a temporary illusions, to replace the cub that was being tended.

The 4th clone then swiftly caught the isolated little cub which Ruzi chose, Rui Wei did not need to perform another hand-seal as the Snow Leopards did not pay any heed to the particular cub

In a second Rui Wei was able to kidnap two Snow Leopard Cub. After the clones success, Rui Wei retreated farther within the mist, and completely disappeared within the Snow Leopard's area.

After Rui Wei disappeared just like the mist, the angry roar of the Snow Leopards echoed throughout the forest.

---

Rui Wei jumped trees upon trees, after making sure that the vicinity of the area was safe, she finally put Ruzi down.

The clones following them also stopped and put down the unconscious cubs. Rui Wei flicked her fingers and the clones dispersed. Leaving the two unconscious cubs.

Rui Wei stared at the two Snow Leopard Cub which she had taken.

The contrasting appearance of the two couldn't be ignored, one looked majestic and beautiful, while the other cub looked malnourished and sick. The Majestic looking Snow Leopard Cub's eyes started to twitch and it soon opened it's eyes, it's deep ocean blue eyes stared at the two figures in front of it.

*Peng*

"What is this adorable creature?" Rui Wei no doubt just heard her heart thump. She wants to pet the little cub!

Rui Wei have always been a sucker when it comes to furry animals, especially felines.

Rui Wei immediately dashed forward and lifted the little cub. The little cub was not the least bit alarmed of the unknown creature in front of it, it merely tilted it's head in confusion.

"Hnggg!" It's too adorable! Rui Wei's hands itched to bind the cub as her spiritual beast.

"Hmpp!" Ruzi puckered his lips at his Mother's reaction, he was clearly much cuter than that cub!

He lightly stomped his feet and then sourly walked towards the smaller cub. He crouched in front of it and fixedly stared at it.

"Pfft." Rui Wei couldn't help but giggle at Ruzi's response. She watched as Ruzi stand in front of the cub, as for the cub in her hands she'll just keep it as their pet.

"Ssssskkk!" As the malnutritioned Cub opened it's eyes, it jumped backwards, it's blue eyes constricted at the unfamiliar figure in front of it, while all of it's hair stood at it's end.

*Growls*

The cub warily growled at Ruzi, it continued to step backwards. Ruzi watched the cub with glowing eyes, his eyes full of interest.

Rui Wei gently put down the cub on her hands, as she watched Ruzi do his thing. On her side, the other little cub obediently stood beside her. It already knew who it has to follow.

Rui Wei rubbed the spatial ring on her index finger, in a flash a book appeared on her hands. She flipped the book several times and stopped at a page which has an illustration of a Snow Leopard.

Rui Wei skimmed over the Magical Beasts' information.

'Hmm, so that means these little beasts would need my nourishment before they can actually be of use. Since Snow Leopards of Intermediate Rank and below cannot create their own Ice Aura, they are weakened if they are to be subjected to outside heat. The deep forest which was abundant with Ice Qi was their best habitat but Rui Wei needed them to grow by their side.

Ruzi continued to take a step closer to the wary cub, while the cub growled and stepped backwards. This continued until the cub was pushed to a tree, rendering him trapped by an unknown creature.

Ruzi crouched down and stretched his little hands to pet down the cub.

The cubs eyes glowed red, and angrily scowled.

Rui Wei's eyes constricted as she dashed forward and grabbed Ruzi.

*GROWLS*

Ice spikes grew from Ruzi's previous spot, the cub kept growling angrily as it stared at the two unknown creatures.

Rui Wei stood in awe as she stared at the ice spikes on the ground.

"It can already cast spells?!" Rui Wei incredulously asked herself.

She tightened her hold on Ruzi, as laughter escaped from her mouth.

"Hahahaha! You really can't judge a book by it's cover! And hey, is this a luck of a protagonist?!" Rui Wei muttered, she fixed Ruzi's position on her hands and stared fixedly at him.

"Little one, do you know that we just hit the jackpot?" Rui Wei asked Ruzi.

"Normal Snow Leopard Cubs do not have the capabilities to cast spells or manipulate the Qi. Except if the cubs had an ancient bloodline running through them. Cubs like this have already good foundation from the start and with no doubt it'd definitely grow into a heaven defying beast!" Rui Wei passionately explained.

At first Rui Wei did not pay any attention to the isolated cub as she was merely picking a pet for Ruzi, she was not planning on having the cub as Ruzi's contracted beast.

But now, knowing that the cub is a special beast. An Ice Affinity beast and one with an ancient bloodline, she wouldn't be able to find a beast more suitable for Ruzi more than this cub!

Ruzi merely titled his head in confusion.

"Hehe, Let's just bind you to this little guy first." Rui Wei then walked towards the scared cub.

She flicked her finger and cold mist condensed, slowly relaxing the cub. The cub's face soon turned into confusion, it tilted its head from left to right.

It's wariness of the creatures in front him disappeared. It was confused for the sudden disappearance of it's apprehension.

Rui Wei waved her hand and the ice spikes dispersed, she approached the cub and stopped two steps away from it.

The cub stared at the two with it's eyes full of curiosity.

Rui Wei unceremoniously raised Ruzi's right hand, then made a cut on his finger. The process was so quick that Ruzi did not even feel the pain, Rui Wei's hands did not stop as she fixed the cut.

Rui Wei took out talismans from the spatial ring, making a circular formation. The Talismans linked together, with the three of them being the center. Ruzi's blood was inserted between the brows of the cub.

The talismans shone as a link between the Cub and Ruzi was formed.

***

A/n: I lost the ranking system for magical beasts. Man, I don't know where I saved it.