Chapter 37: A Peaceful day

A/n: Special thanks to the readers who voted on each chapter <3

>Woah, days do really pass by...

***

Rui Wei settled down the papers for the estate she bought. She walked around the Imperial Capital, watching vigilantly for the Kingdom's pets that might be lurking around. 

Rui Wei avoided the watchful gazes of the shadows as she sneaked into the black market.

The Black Market on this Kingdom is under the full control of the Imperial Family if one is vigilant enough, you would notice the pattern of the Black Market's Guard. The Guards are called 'Lin Guards', and they are the one responsible for handling everything inside the Black Market.

In the Black Market, people would feel like that it is the place where the law of Imperial Family can't reach, all kinds of atrocious and inhuman handling are happening here, the most unscrupulous place. Unknown to them, the Law of their Kingdom has allowed for this kind of place to bloom. Afterall, where there is light, there is darkness, it is what the current Emperor of the Hou Kingdom firmly believes. 

Rui Wei's disguise right now is one of a crooked old man, but with cultivation level of a Martial Artis in 6th rank, making an 'I'm a hidden expert' aura lingers around her. Of course, that is only in the eyes of some experts. As Rui Wei walked around the Black Market, she could not help but frown her brows.

'Even the words exchanged between them are cautious, as if afraid that a single mistake would take their lives away.' Rui Wei walked for another round and finally noticed that every member of this Black Market seemed to know a thing or two about the Imperial Families secrets. meaning that they weren't as clueless as she thought they were. They were aware that the Hou Kingdom was controlling this Black Market.

Rui Wei did not give up her pursuit of information, as she firmly believed that the Hou KIngdom must have their weaknesses. After half a day, Rui Wei finally gave up and went back to the inn.

'Ah , damn it. I'll have to continue tomorrow.' Rui Wei used her skill to the fullest, afraid that the  Lin Guards' might caught a whiff of her. Her entire being disappeared, as she exited the Balck Market.

As Rui Wei made her way back to the Inn, she could not help but feel restless. The lack of information made her anxious.

'These past few years, It seems like my journeys were sailing to smoothly, in comparison right now.' Back in the places, she stayed at, Rui Wei never lacked any kind of information, as she knew a lot of source information where she could dig up. And she would even pay utmost attention to the smallest detail, afraid that it might, later on, lead to her demise.

---

Blue Incense Inn;

The 'Blue Incense Inn'. Rui Wei has chosen was the closest Inn, the rooms were small and they had to make do with it for the moment.

Inside the room, Sona and Ruzi both sat in a lotus position as the two were both immersed in meditation. 

'Sigh, these two. Have they perhaps turned into cultivation maniacs?' Rui Wei walked into the room and sat on the bedside, She crossed her legs, then propped her chin with one hand.

'Hou Kingdom, Hou Kingdom...' Rui Wei closed my eyes and tried to recall any information that she might have skipped. 

'Hou Kingdom is rarely the subject of criticism, other than words of praise towards their prosperous country there really is nothing else to be taken note of?' Rui Wei sighed as her gaze drifted to the ceiling. 

'I have to familiarize myself with this place fast, lest how am I supposed to tour my kid when I know nothing about this place?' In fact, Rui Wei was afraid that in a day that she is walking with Ruzi to buy soysauce* they might meet some crouching tiger and hidden dragons, which could endanger Ruzi. 

A/n: to buy soysauce < Lol, I really like this Chinese idiom, >> 打酱油 (dǎ jiàng yóu – get soy sauce) has become Chinese slang for "to mind one's own business/to not be involved/to be disinterested." 

Rui Wei touched her forehead and once again sighed.

--

Rui Wei took out a bunch of talismans, the talismans hovered around her. She closed her eyes and recalled the thousands of characters. The sound talisman that Rui Wei has been able to produce was able to send messages with the distance of two mountains away. This kind of feat is already considered a heaven-defying ability, but Rui Wei is still unsatisfied, after all as someone who has enjoyed the luxury and convenience that the advanced technology on earth bought, how could Rui Wei be satisfied with this world's dirt poor technology? No, it was even too much of an honor if there was anything similar of a technology here.

Most tools and types of equipment here were created with the influence of QI.

Most cultivators were selfish and only thinks for themselves, in this dog eats dog world, why would you create a tool or transportation that would convenience the others? Even if they were to create one, it was simply impossible for this tool to be mass produced or publicised at the very least one clan or sect would manipulate it.

Rui Wei focused on the characters of the talismans, her face callous, deciphering the thousands of characters. She wanted to know why there was a limit on the sound talisman and as to how she could expand the distance or all in all severe the limitation on it. If it she cannot decipher it, Rui Wei plans to kill a thousand-year-old python beast and use its core as something similar to satellite or it would be the heart of her new Wifi.

As Rui Wei engrossed herself with her project she did not notice the time pass by.

The three people inside the room were now all engrossed with respective 'works'. 

--- 

"Hmm..." Rui Wei looked at the light peeking on the window. 

"..." It was already afternoon! She did not even realize the time! Rui Wei hurriedly stood up, 

"uhh--" Ruzi suddenly tugged her cloth.

"Ruzi!" Seeing the little guy acting cute, Rui Wei immediately bought up Ruzi and hugged him.

"Where were you yesterday?" Ruzi tilted his head and blinked his two almond eyes.

Ruzi did not see Rui Wei's figure after he took a break in his meditation, after eating he went back and meditated again.

"Ahaha, Don't you think that this room is too small? Mama went outside and find someplace with bigger space, so we could practice some martial arts freely." Rui Wei walked towards the bed and sat down, putting Ruzi on her lap.

"Are there any Magical Beasts too?!" Ruzi excitedly asked, as his little body jump up and down.

"Yes! Yes!" Rui Wei enthusiastically nodded her head, as she laughed heartily.

"Humu! Mother, I want a Snow Leopard! It would be best if it was the 4th rank!" Ruzi said as his little body swayed left and right from happiness. His smile was simply contagious.

'4th rank Snow Leopard?' Rui Wei's lips couldn't help but twitch, that thing was simply too rare, she has only encountered one through her journey, she does not even know where in this Kingdom can she find one, but in the end, RuiWei just laughed and said: "We'll see. If your understanding on any of your Martial Arts makes a breakthrough, then I'll think about it."

"That's a promise!" Ruzi said as he firmly locked his eyes with Rui Wei.

"Yes, yes. It's a promise!" RuiWei bent down and kissed Ruzi's cheeks.

--

A/n: Guess who will owe several chapters next month? Lol. 

>I'm really sorry guys, I've been too busy lately... Lol 

>I'll try to make up for the chapters I missed this month, onto next month.