Chapter 39: How to get in trouble 101

A/N: I want to change the cover, but I don't have any good ideas on what Rui Wei's pose would be on the cover. lol.

Honestly Speaking editing eats my time away.

***

"Ruzi, calm down now, we are going out to buy you a snow leopard cub." Rui Wei laughed softly as she crouched down and patted Ruzi's head.

"Didn't you said you wanted a snow leopard?"

"Hmm! The fourth ranked one!" Ruzi excitedly nodded his head.

"Haha, okay. Why don't we get you dressed up so we can pick Ruzi's pet?" Rui Wei said as she led Ruzi onto the closet.

After dressing up, Rui Wei then proceeded to call her henchmen. Rui Wei has registered the Cheng Household as a middle ranked nobility. Her current identity is an adventurer or what they call as wanderers.

She is under the supervision of three shadows who comes and goes weekly to check her movements. Today is one of the day that the shadows are busy. Since there is a banquet to be held soon for the coming of age of the 3rd prince of the Huo Kingdom.

'Aha, no matter how tight your leash is, it won't matter if your leash is short.' Rui Wei mocked.

The Emperor of the Huo Kingdom is an extreme perfectionist. All the shadows in training must pass a hell-like training that tortures the very being of your humanity, after passing the training the Emperor would then pick few shadows to serve under him. The rest are then disposed.

The Imperial Family is constantly training shadows and manipulating them, distorting their world views so they can only look at the Emperor as the only man to be served.

Rui Wei has always put a great attention within the movements of the shadows, as their movements represent the Emperor's.

By simply watching them, Rui Wei predicts the changes within the Imperial Family, and once a sliver possibility of war sparks Rui Wei will immediately leave this Kingdom.

Rui Wei walked inside the carriage along with Ruzi.

"Huh, Young Mistress?" Sona saw Rui Wei and Ruzi getting into the carriage, the carriage was magnificent, with a large character 'Cheng' written on the middle

Sona was about to call out Rui Wei, when the wooden talisman on her pocket moved subtly.

'Sona, I will be walking Ruzi around the town. I give you the permission to use the puppets as you like, the defensive and illusion array are already activated. ' Rui Wei's voice directly echoed inside Sona's head.

'The puppets? Oh, the one's that are used for fooling the shadows!' Sona's eyes flashed with excitement as she run inside the manor, she took out the wooden talisman, as she was about to put it on the front door she couldn't help but stare at it.

The wooden talisman was simple, it was rectangle, fitted to her hands, it is convenient to put in her pockets or for carrying since it is small and light. You can't see the engravings written on it since Rui Wei used the Essence of Qi to write the engravings.

This wooden talisman is Rui Wei's version of walkie talkie, one could freely communicate with the other around the distance of two mountains away. According to Rui Wei this talisman that Sona is worshipping is not worthy, even a street has much worth.

'It is really a wonder how Young Lady comes up with the most innovative ideas and still call them a trash.' Sona walked inside the manor, she stopped at the center of the room, she took a deep breath and made a hand seal.

Light soon shone from below, illuminatIng the room.

The  figures appeared in front of Sona. The figures were blurry and seemed unsteady.