Chater 32: Hide and Seek (1)

"J-just now... W-was t-that--" Xu Long's face is white as a sheet of paper, as if he have just seen a ghost. While his eyes intently looked at Gu Xiao Li's figure.

The skill that lass used just now--!

"The Plum Blossom steps..." Rui Wei muttered as she sipped her 'Serene Lotus Tea'.

The Plum Blossom's Elegant dance was one of the Zu Clan's secretive skill, only a handful of disciples knew that this kind of skill actually exists within the Zu Clan.

The selection method of Zu Clan Matriarch was thorough and strict, one can count in hand the disciples who are practicing this mythical technique of theirs.

He, Xu Long have once seen this technique when a certain Elder was practicing. And Xu Long, have curiously asked his Master, the Zu Clan's Matriarch.

"H. How come-- how did that lass know our Zu Clans technique?! I've never heard that Master has taken anotger disciple?" Xu Long slowly turned his head towards Rui Wei, as his face was full of disbelief.

How did this lass acquire their Zu Clan's secret technique?

It was understandable that this lady in front of him also know about the existence of their secret technique 'Plum Blossom Step' as the Zu Clan Matriarch seemed to trust her. The Zu Clan Matriarch have also reminded him countless of times to be courteous in front of this lady.

But for the lass down there. Xu Long's mind was in chaos. The two possibilities clashed inside his head, that lass could be Matriarch Xu's newfound disciple, she might have found Gu Xiao Li's talent high enough to let her cultivate the Plum Blossoms Elegant Dance.

His Master, Zu Clan's Matriarch had been always fond of going around places to find 'Talents'. Some ecamples were the outside disciples of Zu Clan Matriarch that even the Zu Clam weren't aware of--  Xu Long is one of Zu Matriarch outside disciple.

A/n: Wow, outside disciple seems so awkward. Do help me thinking some fitting words here TT ^TT

He could courteously ask that lass regarding the technique she used, But if she is not Zu Clan's Matriarch, then he would not be so courteous.

Hundreds of thoughts flashed through Xu Long's mind, but what he worried the most was the possibility of a spy inside their Zu Clan.

Their Zu Clan... Is there someone selling them out?

While Rui Wei who saw this couldn't help but almost laugh out loud. She tried to hide it by sipping her 'Lotus Tea' while her other hand supported Ruzi. Despite Rui Wei actions, her figure still appeared refined and elegant. It was quite a strange sight, seeing a Lady sipping Tea in one hand, while supporting a toddler to another, but still exclude an elegant aura.

'To think that Matriarch Zu still doubts this guy who wholeheartedly thinks of the Zu Clan's well being...'

Prior to this, Rui Wei had two task coming here on Lotus Restaurant, the first one was to test Xu Long's loyalty and the second one is---

Rui Wei looked at Gu Xiao Li, more specifically on her left hand, where she wore a silver plain ring.

Rui Wei tapped her fingers, within that moment a sliver of Qi flew towards Xu Long without him noticing.

"Brother Xu, you seem to be in a deep thought so do pardon me if I have interrupted you. I have a humble task that needs Brother Xu's help, you see." Rui Wei talked with Xu Long through spiritual.

"En, This one is at your command." Xu Long who slightly recovered his senses, replied, but his eyes were still glued at Gu Xiao Li.

*