Regrets (Eyeless Jack)

You heard movement by you. You couldn't open your eyes and frankly you didn't want to but you have to some day. Slowly and painfully, you open your eyes to a dim light in a... Hospital room? Oh yeah right! Zalgo nearly beat you to death!

"Please wake up soon... Please wake up soon..." You heard a familiar voice say. You turn your head slightly to see a nervous EJ with his hood up, walking by the bed while clenching his hands to fist.

"E-EJ." You choked out. You raised yourself up a little and your cannibal boyfriend snapped his head at you and sighed before running up to you, giving you a massive hug.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry." He said, crying onto your shoulder. You placed your hands around him and pet his hair.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. Aren't-" You couldn't finish what you said because of your throat and had a coughing fit. Some blood fell on your hand but not too much to worry about.

EJ looked up at you and you wiped a few tears/goo of his mask. He took your hand by the wrist gently and set it on your lap.

"I think..." He starts, "I think we should stop seeing each other, Y/n." His words hurt... A lot.

"Why?" You whispered sadly, letting a few tears fall of your own.

"Because Y/n. Look at where we are. We're in a hospital because of me. Zalgo would have never knew about you if it wasn't for my stupidity and-"

"Wait." You cut him off, "You think meeting me was stupid? EJ our relationship means something to me!" You yelled out the last part even though your throat prevented it.

"AND TO ME TOO! I JUST... I don't want to lose you anymore! Every chance life has, every fucking chance, it tries to split us apart. Don't you see? We fought, you got raped, you nearly committed suicide, and now you're here. And all of these happened because I was always out killing or was never there. Life always kept throwing the moral: A monster is never meant to be with such beauty but did I care? No! I loved you the day I saw you but I always had my doubts. I guess it's time I listen to them too..." Tears formed in your eyes and fell down your face. Well... Now it's your turn...

"Okay... Yes, we had our downs. But what about our ups? What about the day I defended you from those three girls after they punched you? What about the day you were being cheesy? What about the day I wore your mask?! WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE FREAKING GOOD TIMES IN OUR LIVES?!? Did you forget those or what? Were they so bad that-" You got interrupted by EJ quickly raising his mask and kissing you roughly while slightly growling. When he pulled away, you both were out of breath.

"Never and I mean never say our good times were bad!"

"THEN WHY DID YOU ONLY FOCUS ON THE FEW BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENED?!?" You cough a bit more blood and spit it out on the ground. Right now, you're not caring about manners.

EJ stayed silent for a minute or two. You just realized that both of your tears are rushing faster down your faces and you both look like you crawled through hell.

(Well you literally did so...)

"You're right... I'm sorry." He says placing back his mask.

"Thank you. At least you're realizing that almost everything has a good side too." You giggled. He chuckled a little bit and shook his head in a amusement manner.

"I know when you leave." He says trying to change the subject.

"Oh? When?" He took a piece of paper of his hoodie pocket and shoved it in your hands.

You gave him the
are-you-serious-look and he just shrugged.

"Did you really snoop around to find this?" He nodded his head and pulled out two kidneys.

"And possibly some snacks as well." He put them back in his hoodie and you read the paper in your hands.

"Oh so the smell isn't coming from you?" You snickered and heard him playfully growl ready to 'lunge' at you... Until you both heard footsteps.

"Sorry darlin. Punishment has to wait." EJ says giving you a small peck on the cheek before leaving to the window.

"Phew! Saved by the humans!" You playfully called out. You heard him growl playfully again and laughed.

When doctors came in, you hid the paper that you shouldn't even have and waited for the docs to do their thing.

You saw EJ waving outside and you smile before laying back and relaxing.

Wow! What. A. Day!