Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter Fifty-Two

ZAYNS POV.

"I'm... I'm so sorry" I whisper and walk away while I run my hands through my hair.

Fuck, why did I have to do that? Why did I have to make her feel like that? She's probably shocked or whatever. She hates me, just like I hate myself.

"Zayn, you're ok?" Liam asks but I'm not listening. I look out of the window as I see Maura say something, but the music that’s coming out of my beats fades away her voice just as she does when we drive away.

I'm such a dumb ass. I just got her back as a friend and then I decide to kiss her and ruin everything you've worked so hard for. It finally wasn't so awkward anymore, but now I don't even know if we ever could be friends again. Good job Malik, mum would be proud of you.

“Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life”

The Fray sings into my ears. Good timing for this song. I know Maura likes it, and the texts it just perfect right now.

Sarcasm all the way.

"Hey, Zayn" Liam says again while he hits my leg. I put my music off and ask what he wants.

"What’s wrong?" Liam asks.

"I fucked up, ok? I fucked up, just as usual"

"What happened?"

"I kissed her" I mumble.

"You what?" Louis says shocked, "And where is the bad part?"

"Dude, I said 'I'm so sorry' and walked away, I fucking pussied out"

"Zayn, chill man"