The VOID

(A/N: thank all of you, for those comments and your understanding! I was smiling like and idiot when I read your comments! It all really means a lot to me! I also got some help from a...good friend. You know who you are ;3. But now, I'm up and running!!...sort of. Mah legs are noodles from lying on them all these days. Drinking water like crazy! >:3)

Frisk's P.O.V.
"Well...I was studying the VOID," Sans answered. My tail swirled around, curiously wanting to know more.
"Why though? That's a place for...'mistakes.' Why would you want to know more about it?" I asked, my ears pricked up. Sans squinted his eye...sockets...at me.
"How did you know about that?" Sans asked, getting as curious as I was.
"Alphys and I text late at night. The topic just came up one time," I answered. Sans nodded.
"Well, if that's the case..." Sans started, walking towards the door. "C'mon, it's better if I talk about it while we're walking."
I nodded and followed Sans. We were still trying to get used to each other again, considering that we didn't hold hands like we used to as we walked.
       "I wanted to learn more about the VOID because I wanted to know if there's any possible way to bring someone out," Sans started as we entered the Waterfall.
"I wanted to do experiments on it to see if there was a way to do that. But, since it's far to dangerous for the average monster to be able to do...considering that I only have 1 HP, I told Alphys to tell someone--anyone that I was dead. I thought I would be after the experiments, so I tried saving people from figuring it out on their own. But, I didn't die, considering that every test was complete shit."
"You wanted to save people from a heartbreak..." I added. "I understand, really. But why did you come back...? And you coming TO ME first thing...?"
"Grillby convinced me," Sans said, sighing. "He told me how you took the death. I felt...so bad. I didn't want you to suffer. So, I came back to see you. I even missed you."
       I stayed silent. Mainly because I didn't have any words, but other than that I was confused about the entire situation. But I'm not the one to ask all of the questions, am I?
       "So, I'm taking you back to the lab to show you what I'm working with," Sans said as we entered HotLand.
       I immediately didn't like it here. It was too hot for me...I'd rather be swimming in the snow in Snowdin. I hated being hot and unable to do anything about it. Oh, who am I kidding? The only place that was okay weather was either the RUINS or Waterfall.
       Before I knew it, Sans stopped in front of a big lab and it's front door. Sans knocked on it in a specific rhythm. Suddenly the door burst open. Sans gestured me to follow him.
       "Ah, Sans. Thanks for comi--HA HAAAAA!?" Alphys screeched as she saw me. "HAAA HA HA! H-Hey! F-F-Frisk!! S-So...good t-to see you!"
        "Nice to see you too..." I quietly greeted back. I was fascinated in the lab more than greeting friends.
       "You don't have to worry about her, Alphys. She's not gonna bother much," Sans said, grabbing a pair of glasses. He paused in thought for a moment. "You know...Frisk may be a great source for this! She has something we monsters don't that will help us get to the VOID!"
       "Which is?" I asked, eyeing Sans with a worried, but curious, look. Sans grabbed some tape.
        "Hell if I know," Sans shrugged, putting the glasses and taping them on. "But I DO know that you have that little key we've been missing all this time! We could possibly get out of the VOID this time!"
       "'Possibly?' 'This time?' Is this going to be safe?" I asked, now worry filled my tone. My ears pinned down to my head.
"Relax, I'm not a 'mad scientist' or anything," Sans chuckled. "I've done this on a living monster before. It's totally safe. We don't even know if it's gonna be a success this time!"
"W-What d-do you plan o-o-on doing w-with h-h-her?" Alphys asked, seeming more worried than I was a few minutes ago.
"I'm going to check her SOUL," Sans answered, walking over to a big machine. "I'm going to find out what that little piece of something is that we don't have. Maybe, we can even see if she can get into and OUT of the VOID."
"You sure this is safe?" I asked you once more. I wanted to make sure...I didn't feel like dying now. Especially since I have Sans back in my life.
"Getting in will be easy, I've tried it before," Sans answered, turning on that machine. "Getting out...I don't know. The test subject only 'got out' because it crashed and their soul was able to come back."
"Y-Your goal f-f-for this is?" Alphys asked, helping out with the contraption. I walked over there as well.
"If Frisk can only 'get out' because the system crashed...the experiments will be a complete success," Sans answered. "That's what we're hoping for. We WANT the thing to crash for all questions to be answered. But if Frisk can FIND a way out...we have a massive problem in our hands."
"And if the system doesn't crash? How would I get out if I can't find a way?" I asked. Sans sighed and thought for a moment.
"We might have to run the system enough to where IT DOES shut down," Sans answered. He gestured me to lay down on a table. I did what he told me to do.
"Stay still for a moment," Sans instructed. I nodded as he moved his hand over my chest. Soon a red heart floated above Sans' hand. I noticed that he blushed a little.
"O-Okay! Time for science!" Sans snapped back into reality. He left me on the table as he moved behind that machine.

"Ready for an adventure?"

(A/N: I liked writing this chapter! :D I luv writing about science and theories and stuff like that! It's just the nerd that I am...! D-Don't judge! QwQ
Also, I'm still recovering! But I AM getting a lot better! Thanks for your love and support and all of your comments! (I read all of them, replying or not!) Thank you guys so much! <3)