The Surface

(A/N: play the video at the top if you want)
Sans' P.O.V.
Hours went by as we waited for the barrier to break. What is taking so long? Is Asgore rethinking this whole thing?
Just as I thought that, Asgore came back out with a very sad look on his face. I looked down, trying to hold back tears.
"It's done. All we need to do now is wait. The souls will break the barrier themselves," Asgore explained, taking out multiple pieces of paper.
"Frisk made letters for you all," Asgore said, handing us each a paper with sweet handwriting on it. I looked at the others' expressions as they read it.
Undyne, Alphys, and Toriel looked at Papyrus a couple of times. They seemed...heartbroken. They continued to read theirs until Toriel burst out crying. Alphys followed. Undyne followed. Even Papyrus started tearing up a little.
I looked at mine. Already I started crying. Probably more than anyone else that was there. Shaking left and right, I got up and walked back to Snowdin. I needed to get air or something...though I knew that wouldn't help.
I heard loud footsteps behind me. I scoffed. I summoned a Gaster Blaster and turned around, my eye flaming in rage.
"G O. A W A Y," I said, making my eye flash yellow. I made the Blaster go away once I clearly saw that it was Papyrus who followed me.
"I WANT TO SEE FRISK! AND YOU'RE COMING WITH!" Papyrus pouted, grabbing my hand. "HONESTLY, FRISK SAID SHE'D BE FINE! WE'RE GOING TO SEE--"
"Dammit Pap, Frisk is D E A D!!" I yelled, pulling back my hand. "Frisk just said that because she doesn't want to see you hurt! Well guess what 'oh smart and great Papyrus?!' She's GONE and G O N E F O R G O O D!!"
Papyrus's expression went...grieved. Orange tears poured out of his eyes. I started crying too, knowing what I said was true and I completely fucked up Frisk's request.
I ran up and hugged my brother. I didn't know what to think right now. I didn't know how to feel. I was sick at heart.
(A/N: stop video if you want)
       "SANS!! HOLY FUCK, SANS!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!" Undyne's voice yelled out behind Papyrus. I stopped hugging my brother and looked at her. Undyne ran up to me and grabbed my jacket. She lifted me up and ran towards the castle. Papyrus hurried after us.
       "You NEED to come back to the castle! RIGHT GOD DAMN NOW!" Undyne yelled again, making sharp turns. I let this all happen, though oblivious to what was happening.
Soon, Undyne, Papyrus, and I were all back at the castle. A startled Toriel ran out of the room where Asgore had killed Frisk. I sighed. Poor woman...seeing her child like this.
"Oh good...you've got Sans!" Toriel sighed of relief, turning towards me. "Papyrus, Sans, you both need to go in there...right now!"
Undyne set me down and started rambling on and on about something with Alphys. I groaned again as Papyrus went in that room.
I scoffed. "I don't know if you guys are stupid, but I don't think I want to see my girlfriend lying there... D E A D. That understandable in your thick heads?"
"SANS!! SANS, YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!!" Papyrus squealed, running out of that room. I rolled my eyes and walked into the room.
All I saw was a sweet Frisk, lying there. I walked over and sat her up, hugging her. I want to hear your voice...your laugh...see your smile...all of that one more time...
Then the unbelievable happened. I could feel Frisk breathing! BREATHING! She wasn't dead! She was just unconscious...hopefully. To make sure, I summoned her soul.
Frisk's soul was there...but it was different. It was blank, yet only a red outline of a heart showed. It scared me at first, but I knew the reason why her soul was like this. Asgore used her DETERMINATION to break the barrier, along with the other six souls.
I put Frisk's soul back where it belonged and carried her bridal-style back out to the others.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. "We're going up to the surface. With her. And we're going to find a way to get her to wake up. I'm not going ANYWHERE without her."