Her Coma

(A/N: Hopefully you liked that photo up there, XD! I feel bad for the poor souls like me that had to go through stressful exams on the last week of school, but maybe this was you on your last exam of the year XD I know this was me!)

Sans' P.O.V.
       We exited the UNDERGROUND all together. Everyone was awe struck when they saw the sun rise for the first time. I didn't look at it. I only looked at Frisk.
       "Sans...would you look at this amazing beauty?" Toriel asked, pointing to the horizon. "Have you ever seen anything like it? I wonder if the humans up here take this for granted..."
       "I'm keeping my promise. I'm not seeing or going anywhere without Frisk," I snapped, my eye flashing blue. "Can we please go to a hospital or something? Alphys! Can't you do something about this...?"
       I realized that some desperation was left in my tone. No wonder. I wanted Frisk back so bad. I can't loose her...AGAIN!
       "W-W-Well...m-maybe..." Alphys replied quietly, as if she wasn't positive that she could do anything. "W-We could b-bring h-h-her back down t-to the l-lab a-and take care o-o-of her there."
       "Thank you," I sighed of relief. There was some hope left, after all. Alphys started walking back to the mountain as I followed. I was stopped by a glove resting out my shoulder. I turned around to see Papyrus.
       "BROTHER? ARE YOU SURE FRISK IS OKAY?" Papyrus asked, the happy glimmer fading from his eyes. "S-SHE ISN'T MOVING...AND WHY ARE YOU BRINGING HER BACK DOWN TO 'TAKE CARE OF HER?'"
       I mumbled a curse word under my breath. I forgot Frisk's wish was to not tell Papyrus the truth, which I've already broken before.
       "Frisk is fine, Pap..." I lied, sighing as I did. I hated lying to my little brother. "She's just...tired. We're making sure she gets a good night's sleep, so we're bringing her back down there..."
       I peeked over Papyrus to see the other's approval of my lie. They all nodded and gave thumbs up, so I was in the clear.
       "...ALRIGHT...SLEEP TIGHT FRISK," Papyrus said, patting Frisk's forehead. I could feel her purr for a second. She's still with us. Good.
       Alphys and I continued to walk back down into the UNDERGROUND. We could even tell other monsters what Frisk did for all of us. I'm sure that's something to wake up to.
       "Mind if I see her soul?" Alphys asked, not stuttering. That's when you know she's in "scientist mode."
       I summoned Frisk's empty soul and handed it to Alphys. Alphys tampered with it a couple times, such as pressing her finger on it, tapping it's outline. She sighed as she handed the soul back to me.
       "No DETERMINATION left," Alphys said, walking a bit faster. "It may take days...weeks...or months for Frisk's soul to gain back DETERMINATION."
       "If I can say otherwise..." I mumbled, catching up to Alphys. I knew I had to give Frisk hope...to give Frisk my DETERMINATION for her.
       "What do you suppose we do when we get back to the lab?" Alphys asked as we entered HotLand.
       "We wait. That's all we can do right now, right?" I replied. Alphys nodded and continued to walk.
       I could feel Frisk starting to sweat. It was pretty hot down here, knowing that sweat beaded on my skull too. Maybe it was because she was a giant lizard, but Alphys didn't seem to notice the heat. Lucky duck...
       How hot it was down here aside, we ended up at the lab. Alphys opened the door and I followed her inside.
       "I'll set up a bed for Frisk, then we can discuss on how we really take action in this," Alphys said, adjusting her glasses.
       We ended up in the downstairs lab. Alphys took a second to get a bed set up...once that was done and ready, I set Frisk down on it.
       "C'mon. We can talk over it with some ketchup and tea," Alphys said, walking over to the stairs. I hesitantly followed, not wanting to leave Frisk's side.
       "I-I'm coming back, okay?!" I called out worriedly. Frisk can hear me right? She's still with us...
       Alphys lead me back upstairs. She grabbed a bottle of ketchup and a cup of golden flower tea.

       Alphys sighed. "So. What's the plan?"