Celebration

(A/N: play video at top if you want)

Frisk's P.O.V.
     Sans acted like the happiest man on Earth after that final experiment. He seemed more cheerful and happier...something I haven't seen in a few days.
      Sans and Alphys were talking at a nearby sofa while I stood behind that machine. So many buttons to push, levers to pull, screens to look at...but to calm my nerves down, I twiddled my tail.
       Along with cravings to mess around with a machine, I wanted a bit of milk. Of course, I knew I could simply ask for some...but a small part of me thinks that'd be rude. I always thought that if you were the guest, you shouldn't ask for something that isn't your's, weather it's food or not.
Besides, I knew Alphys really only had dog food in her...non working fridge. And that was the only one upstairs.
All of that aside, I walked over to see what those two scientists were talking about. Past experiments, most likely.
I hugged Sans from behind where he was sitting. He pat my hand before holding it. I smiled.
"Sorry, Frisk. I was too busy talking I forgot that we just left you there," Sans apologized. I shrugged.
With twitching ears, I jumped over the couch from where I was at, landed on the soft cushion, and snuggled close to Sans. His warmth hit me, soothing me and reminding me of back when we just started dating.
        "It's really no problem. I wasn't doing much but day dream anyways," I said, the snuggling soon turning into a longing hug. "'Just wanted to see what the two smarties were talking about."
        "P-Past experiments a-a-and w-why they didn't w-w-work," Alphys answered. I nodded as Sans rested his boney hand on my waist.
"Sans...why exactly did you want to do these tests?" I asked, curiosity filling my body. "You never told...NEITHER of us why."
        "Because I had to know if there was a way out from the inside. Some monsters in there can be...really dangerous. I wanted to make sure there was no way those monsters can get out," Sans answered, almost all in one breath. I understood his reason, but I didn't quite understand his concern.
        Those monsters in there hardly ever move. They just stand there, not talking, waiting for their death to come. I swear I even saw one turn to dust.
But I ignored my misunderstanding concerns. Sans was happy, and I was happy. I flinched for a second when I felt a hand start rubbing small circles on my waist. I realized it was Sans, so I calmed down a little. To be honest, it felt nice.
        "So what'd d'ya say that we throw a little party?" I suggested. "We could have it here in the lab--of course, if it's okay with Alphys."
Alphys shrugged an "okay." Sans' grin seemed to grow wider...if it even could. We immediately started getting people to come, putting out decorations, getting food set up...everything just for a little party.
       Well, I wouldn't call it a party. It was kind of like a small gathering. Only Sans, Alphys, Papyrus, Undyne, and I was going to be there. Along with Toriel, who I was excited to see...and Asgore, the king of all monsters.
Alphys says that Asgore is a big fluffy bunny at heart, so I wasn't too worried to meet him. Though a small part of me was shy to see him face to face.
(A/N: stop video if you want)
       I was sitting alone in some sort of room...a living room of sorts. It had a couch and a TV. It was dark too...though I was able to see. I wanted some alone time for some reason...though I've been alone for however long at Grillby's.
I guess I just wanted some time to myself to think about things, without mourning over a dead loved one. I actually didn't think about anything...I was just sitting there. It felt nice to breath your own air in your own space.
       "Hey, Asgore's here. You might want to say 'hi,'" Sans' voice rang behind me. I jumped and turned around, only to find his permanent smile and blue, fluffy jacket.
       "You okay? You're just sitting in the dark..." Sans asked, concerned. I shrugged and smiled.
"It feels nice, doesn't it?" I asked him back. "Being alone and just to yourself...giving you time to think and to breathe for that one little second?"
(A/N: get ready fangirls/fanboys! Your hearts may be fatal to what is to come!)
      "I understand where you're coming from," Sans agreed. "Though, a stunning little Neko shouldn't be alone. At least, not without her mate."
        I blushed at what he just said. He's...never spoken like THAT before. I didn't know if it was just his happiness taking over or he actually knew what he said and meant it.
       Sans moved around the couch corner and sat next to me. We stayed silent for a couple of minutes. I decided to take action and cuddle next to Sans.
       "Everyone thought you've gone too..." Sans said something to break the silence. "Well, our close friends I mean. You should've heard Undyne! When she heard I 'died' she was pissed! When she thought you were gone too...her anger seemed to turn into sorrow."
       "W-Wait...people missed me?" I said, a little shocked. I never thought people cared for me so much down here...MORE than anyone on the surface.
       "Well, yeah!" Sans laughed.  "Paps was worried about you, Alphys worried, Undyne was upset, I...wondered and worried about you."
       "'Wondered?'" I repeated. "Explain, because I am in need for your knowledge!"
       "I wondered how you were doing," Sans answered, scooching me up close to him. "I wondered how you were treating your...soft skin...if anyone looked at those eyes...about your soft lips..."
       Without thinking, and the same for Sans, we kissed. Well, the best of what we could do...considering he was just a skeleton. But it felt as real as real can be.
       We pulled away a few seconds later. I smiled as Sans sighed with content. I was glad to hear that he missed me, along with others.
       "Whelp," Sans sighed again as he got up. He stretched out a hand for me to grab.

       "Ready to meet the king of all monsters?"