Invited

Melody
Chapter 1

I was on the treadmill doing my daily work out when two girls got on to a machine next to me. I wasn't paying them any mind I was focusing on my workout. I was in my zone and running my cool down before I would hit the weight machine. I had lost about 45 pounds in the last year and I have to say my body was on point but you have to maintain it.

"You going to that kickback?" I heard one of the girls say.

"Of course you know Nola and her sister be having bomb as kickbacks," she said and laughed.

"True. I just hop this time I can get me a little something from Nola before she head back to whatever state she live in now," the girl said.

I heard my phone vibrate and ding against the machine. I looked down and saw it was a message from like my little play sister Krissy. I smiled she was actually a real cutie. I opened the text as the machine slowed me down to walking pace.

-baby Krissy-
My pledge mom is having a kickback and you should come thru. It's gonna be hella liquor and weed tho so be prepared.

I rolled my eyes and responded with a okay.

-baby Krissy-

You can bring some people if you want.

I was gonna do that anyways. I texted her back and asked to text me the place and time. I scrolled down my text long and sent my sister a message about the kickback and she said she was in. She was always in when free liquor was involved. I must admit going out sounded like a good idea. I looked down at my phone and notice it was creeping up on 5. I got off the treadmill and made my way over to the weights. I was halfway done when my phone buzzed and I looked at the message.

-baby Krissy-

Awesome it's gonna start at 10 but we already drinking and shit if you want to come early. I'll text you the address in a min.

I texted her back okay and got on with my workout. A night out might not be so bad.

"Damn ain't this where yo ex use to stay?" My sister asked me as I drove down the familiar block.

"Yeah," i mumbled as I glanced at the house I use to visit.

"Do you think she here?" She asked me.

"No," I said scanning the park cars looking for a Grey 2014 Jeep Wrangler with Minnesota plates.

She had moved up to Minnesota shortly after we broke up. She kept in contact with me for a little bit and I haven't  heard from her since. That was like almost three years ago. Sometimes I do wonder how's she doing.

"She better not be here. I don't wanna have to beat ass tonight," My fiancé Bianca said.

I smirked lightly.

"You would beat up my ex?" I asked

"You damn right," she said and smiled.

I shook my head as I looked through the rearview mirror to see her smirking at me with those interesting brown eyes that went well her light complexion.

"She kind of fat anyway so I'm sure you would have no problem," My sister said.

I laughed and shook my head before slapping her on her arm. Nyla wasn't that fat just a little bigger then what I normally would've dated.