Worried

Nova
Chapter 23
2 years ago.. Still

I groaned and opened the door to my room. I looked to see Robyn standing at the door looking the other way. She had her hair up in a ponytail. She had on a long bomber jacket ,a plain white tee, some red timbs and some black jeans that she filled out very nicely. She turned her head and looked at me. She had tears in her eyes and she was clenching her phone tightly in her hand.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked her.

She laughed and jumped on me and wrapped her arms and legs around my body. I stumbled back into the room. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she tighten the embrace she had on me. I kicked the door close.

"I thought something had happened to you," she said and pulled me closer if that was even possible.

"I'm fine baby," I said and rubbed her back.

"You ain't answer your phone and I been calling you for four days," she mumbled.

"Ah shit I'm sorry Robyn. I been in and out of court. The case went a little longer than we thought," I told her and walked over to the cleanest part of the hotel room.

I sat down on the couch with her on my lap. She pulled back. We had only been dating for like 6 months and this girl was already making me get deeper into a relationship that I don't know if I was ready for.

"Calm down Robz," I said and rubbed her back.

"I thought something bad happened to you. You wasn't answering and then it just went to voicemail," she said.

"To be honest I have no idea where my phone is right now," I said and sighed.

I watched as she looked around the hotel room that was a mess. I had papers everywhere. Mountains of files and boxes were taking over the room. The only places that was half way decent was the bedroom and the couch. I watched as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nola what the fuck?" She said as she slowly got off my lap.

"It's not that bad," I said and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her back on my lap.

"Nigga you lost a phone. It's super bad. I'm buying you a belt clip," she said as I placed kisses on her neck.

"Mmm I don't need it," I told her and ran my hand under her plain white t shirt she had on.

"Stop," she said and giggled and she placed her hand ontop of mines and pulled it from under her shirt.

"We gotta find your phone first," she said.

"Fuck that phone. You here now," I said.

I actually missed her a lot. It wasn't just sex either. Don't get me wrong the sex was amazing. It was her presence I missed.

"Okay when did you have it last?" She asked me.

"Don't worry about that right now," I said and kissed her neck.

"Mmm stop baby. Not right now anyway," she moaned.

"Damn. How long?" I asked her.

"Tomorrow," she said and moved my arms.

"Shower?" I asked as she turned around and raised her eyebrow.

"No nasty," she said and laughed at me.

I was serious though. I licked my lips and nodded my head.

"Alright,"'I said as she got up and walked over to the mess I had.

"When are you gonna be done with the case?" She asked me.

I laid back on the couch. I was in a deep sleep when she started banging on the door.

"Today," I said and closed my eyes.

"Did you win?" I heard her ask me.

"No. But I'm still getting paid. We did get them to reduce his sentence. So that's a small victory," I said.

"Go change and get in bed," I heard Robyn voice get closer.

"You coming with me?" I asked her.

"After I find your phone in all this shit,"'she said and laughed.

"Baby forget the damn phone and lay with me. I haven't seen you physically in months and you worried about something that I barely use when we are together," I said lowly and licked my lips.

I heard her feet move and then her body weight on top of me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and started to drift back off to sleep.

"I love you," she whispered as she settled into my body.

"Mmm I love you too," I mumbled as I heard her giggle.

"You love me?"

"With everything in me," I said and tighten my grip as I let sleep take back over.