Round 2

Melody
Chapter 9

"What we doing tonight?" My sister asked me.

"Recovering from last night," I groaned and pull the covers back over my head.

"Girl that was 3 days ago," she said.

"What's your point? And go to your room," I said.

"Gurllllll! We going somewhere so get ya bum ass up," she said.

"Bye Channel," I mumbled.

"Nope I'm pulling sister rank so get ya ass up!" She said as she pulled the comforter off my body.

"Ain't nothing going on today," I said.

"You don't know that," she said.

Before I could answer my phone started to dance against my night stand. I sighed and grabbed the phone and placed it on speaker.

"What Krissy?" I asked.

I heard music in the background and people talking.

"What you doing later?" She asked me.

"Sleeping. Fuck you and your crew. I'm still fucked up," I said.

I heard her laugh as she moved to a quieter area of where ever she was.

"You will be alright sunshine," she said and laughed.

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"We'll miss cranky ass. Nye having another kickback tonight. Y'all come thru," she said.

I bit down on my bottom lip as I thought about it. Part of me wants to see Nova again. Other parts of me doesn't want to see Nova again. I licked my lips. If I do see her again maybe I could actually have a conversation with her. I did love our conversations. But then again I have a fiancé. Bianca might start jumping to conclusions if I start back hanging around my Ex. She does get pretty jealous.

"Melody you still there?" Krissy asked.

"Yeah. Umm I don't know maybe we'll swing by," I said.

"Bitch you better. You can come now if you want or come at 10. We ain't doing nothing but cooking and chillin'," she said.

"What y'all cooking?" I looked up to see my greedy as sister in my doorframe.

"Um Nova's grilling something," she said.

"Aye little nigga don't be giving out my government to strangers!" Nova shouted in the background.

"Shut up Nola! It's Mel anyway," she yelled back causing me to giggle.

"What the fuck is a Mel?" Nova yelled back.

I felt my heart drop. She was too fucked up to remember I was there.

"Was you that faded? Melody foo," Krissy said.

"Oh shit! I forgot they was there," she said and laughed.

I shook my head. I guess the nickname three her off.

"Blah blah... Anyway Melody," she said putting the emphasis on the O in my name.

"Fuck you Krissy," Nova said and laughed.

"Anyways. We got chicken, steak, hot dogs, and I think fish. Then we got salads I think baked beans and maybe some spaghetti," Krissy said.

I laughed.

"How you think?" I asked her.

"Well damn it I'm hanging with Nye and Nola. All I know is if you wanna smoke we got all of that and we got Henny, Remy, Goose, Henny black, beer, wine coolers, and 1800," she said.

I laughed they had a bar. No wonder everything was so crazy that night. I was so far gone that as soon as my body hit the bed I was sleep. I don't know who drove or how we got back to the apartment.

"We coming!" My sister yelled and took off to her room.

"Alright see ya'll in a bit!" Krissy said and hung up the phone.

I say in my bed shocked. I just had no say so in the matter at all. I was going to try my best to avoid any situation with Nova if I can. She me uncomfortable but not in a bad way. Maybe it was a regretful way. I don't know but I had to shake the feeling.

"Get up! I'm pulling rank!" My sister yelled again.

I groaned and laid back in my bed. I looked at the time on my phone. It was only 2 pm. Damn I guess I haven't done shit all day. I closed my eyes. So I guess I get to hang out with Nova by no fault of my own. The universe definitely likes to play tricks. I shook my head and got up so I could start getting ready.