Too Good - Kageyama Tobio

This turned out pretty shitty. Though, I kinda like the concept so yeah here it is.

Warnings: feels, grammar errors, kind of ooc
---

He was the well known, self centered, King of The Court who didn't need anyone.

She was the sweetest and most helpful girl who needed everyone.

Kageyama Tobio thought that in this world of games and challenges, he didn't need a team to win. Even in the actual game of volleyball, all he needed was himself. He's the only one who can carry the team and all they have to do is not get in his way and play well, he thought. He didn't need any help. He was strong enough, he's too good, all of them are weak.

Then, he met this girl.

L/N Y/N thought she couldn't do anything right even for once. She suffered from a slightly serious case of DPD or Dependent Personality Disorder where she would always have troubles with doing things by herself because of the fear of failure and blame. Y/N was very clumsy and oblivious. Though, she liked helping everyone around her, she was too good to everyone, because she believed that one day she'll be needing help from them and that they would be there for her.

Well, she was right. Not knowing about her condition, everyone helped her with almost everything. Even the most selfish ones.

•••

"Hey... Kageyama, right?" Y/N asked the raven haired who was currently staring irritatingly at a vending machine near the Karasuno gym.

The setter looked at her and got distracted by how beautiful her E/C eyes were. His eyes widened for a moment and quickly looked away, slightly blushing before turning his attention back to the machine. "Yeah." He responded, his dark aura slowly returning.

"Why're you glaring at that vending machine?" Y/N asked curiously.

"It's not working properly! I paid for my milk and it won't give it to me."

The H/C haired chuckled quietly at the boy's childishness as she moved closer to him. "Maybe you should just..." she quickly kicked the lower part of the machine to hopefully 'fix it'. But then her other foot made an interaction to the wet slippery part of the floor... and slipped.

'How the hell did she slip?' Kageyama thought as he gave the E/C eyed an undescribable look. Y/N laughed awkwardly as she stood up. "I'm kind of clumsy."

On the bright side, Kageyama's milk magically went down and appeared, finally he'll be able to get it. He then picked it up and finally faced her.

"Thank you, L/N." The setter said, bowing his head a little. Though, she swear she saw him blushing. "See you at class." He spoke again before turning around and walked away.

Y/N then felt her face getting warm as it imitated the redness of Kageyama's face.

'He was actually... cute.' she thought.

They were total opposites. He was a blue and she was a red. Together they would make a beautiful color. They were different yet compatible.

The next day, Y/N again decided to check a certain vending machine near the gym. She did want something to drink, but that was not the only reason. She wanted to see him but didn't exactly know why. And she did.

Since then, the two became surprisingly close despite their differences. They'd meet every lunch time at the same place they first talked. They would get their favorite drinks and talk about themselves or maybe even some school stuff like homeworks, lessons, etc. They were classmates after all. It became much of a habit without neither of them noticing it. They knew they could talk inside their classroom but neither of them tried. Kageyama and Y/N liked talking in private, spending time with each other, just the two of them.