The Good Guy - Iwaizumi Hajime

You know all those cliche stories where the girl is stuck between her two leading men, both of them in love with the oh so nerdy yet beautiful protagonist, one bad boy or playboy while the other is a literal angel who would do anything for her. Yet everytime in every freakin story, the protagonist would always pick the bad boy/playboy.

You, L/C Y/N, was a part of a similar situation. Unfortunately, you weren't the lucky protagonist. You were the girl who loved the good guy.

If your life was a movie, you thought maybe you wouldn't even appear in any scene. Perhaps only once for a few seconds. You would be in the background, staring hopelessly at him, Iwaizumi Hajime, the good guy that Furushita Nagi –the protagonist– didn't choose.

It had been a month since the story ended with Furushita and Oikawa becoming official. The protagonist once again, had chosen the playboy.

You knew the details of their love story for you were actually seated next to Iwaizumi in class. The first time you talked to him was on a free period where you noticed how he looked very upset. Usually whenever you look at him, he would look rather grumpy or focused. Thus, the sight of him being upset bothered you.

You then pulled out your phone from your bag –trying your hardest to hide it from your classmates– and went to tumblr to distract yourself. You accidentally let out a slightly loud snort before covering your mouth to prevent yourself from laughing when you were scrolling through your feed and saw one of the funniest meme.

Realizing how awkward your accidental burst was, you looked around to see if anyone had heard you. Unfortunately there was someone who did hear your awkward snort.

You turned your head and saw Iwaizumi staring at you, his eyebrows raising a little. Just as you were about to explain yourself, an idea then suddenly popped into your head.

You offered your phone to the blackette making him raise his eyebrow a little higher before he finally took it. He looked at your phone and saw the meme you were trying your hardest not to laugh at a few seconds ago.

His sudden chuckle kind of surprised you for you didn't really know if he was even into that type of internet humor. But memes were always funny and you knew it wouldn't ever disappoint you. You internally thanked the god of memes when you heard Iwaizumi's chuckles turned into laughs.

You smiled as you took a deep breath, admiring the sight before you. He might not be the guy who would always stand out, but you couldn't deny it, Iwaizumi Hajime was stunning, his smile and laugh was amazing.

"These are hilarious!" The ace said, handing you your phone.

"I know right? So funny that I needed to show it to someone."

He chuckled once again. "Well it actually made my day. Thanks, L/N."

"You're welcome. You know you should smile more. It suits you."

You noticed his slight flinch. "It does?"

"Yup."

"Show me more of those then. I'll give you my number so you could send me some."

Since then, the two of you became close friends, telling each other the funniest and craziest stories, helping each other understand some difficult lessons, teasing and banting at the most random times. When Iwaizumi told you about the heart aching story of how he and his best friend, Oikawa Tooru fell in love with the same girl, you couldn't help but feel a bit surprised for you didn't knew those love triangles between best friends could happen in real life.

Iwaizumi was known to be the tough guy, the beloved ace of the boys volleyball team, the one who could beat anyone up just by staring at them. But he was so more than that. He might seem intimidating but he was actually easy to talk to about anything. He was also very easy to read, you would know if he is mad, sad, or just really focused as easy as abc. Iwaizumi was also a bad liar, so if you would ask him if he is okay and he say yes but his gaze avoids yours, he is totally lying.