Birthday Present - Kenma Kozume

"Get in the box, Y/N-chan." Said your neighbor and close friend, Kuroo with his usual grin.

You were about to exit the school gates and go home when the whole Nekoma boys volleyball team suddenly and practically dragged you to the gym. When you got there, the first thing that captured your attention was a gigantic yellow box with a cute black ribbon on top.

Then it hit you, remembering that it was Kenma's birthday and you thought the team were probably going to have a surprise for him.

The team had been pretty aware of your little crush on the pudding head, but never had you thought that they would include you into something as ridiculous -yet cute- of a birthday surprise like this.

"L/N-san, come on! Do it for Kenma-san!" Inuoka exclaimed excitedly.

As Kuroo explained earlier, the plan was that you were supposed to get in the box and hide until Kenma arrives, Kuroo would open the box, revealing you with a cake.

"B-But why me?" You asked the team nervously.

"Just trust us. Now get in the box before Kenma arrives." Kuroo stated.

You sighed in defeat as you did what the bed head had said. They gave the cake for you to carry and closed the lid of the box. You waited for about 20 seconds, thinking about how the setter would react, making you all flustered and nervous as heck.

When you heard the team shout 'Happy Birthday', the lid quickly opened and you automatically stood up, still holding the cake with a shy smile.

You noticed how Kenma's eyes widened when he saw you and it made your heartbeat race like crazy. Not only that, you also saw a slight tint of pink on his cheeks which confused you but you didn't mind since your face had the same color of blush as his.

"Here's our gift to you, Kenma." You heard Kuroo said and you could already see a smirk forming on his face.

"A cake?" Kenma asked softly.

"No." Kuroo chuckled. "A girlfriend."

The setter's face turned from a tint of pink to a shade of crimson real quick when he heard their captain's words. As for you, your heart almost pounded its way out of your chest as you felt your face heated up.

"You two have been crushing on each other for too long now. We just had to do something." Yaku stated.

The bed head captain then again spoke. "I already made a reservation for your first date later."

"I-I don't think Kenma would like to go on a date with me, Kuroo." You said, laughing awkwardly.

"No." All of you paused and looked at the pudding head, hearing him speak. "I mean... I-I'd love to go out with you, Y/N-san." His eyes avoided yours as his face turned even redder.

Your jaw dropped and the whole team gasped. "hAPPY BIRTHDAY KENMA!"

A little something for our precious birthday kitten, Kenma Kozume!

Also forgive me for I have like fifty grammatical errors on this lmao i just found out that it's his bday so like gotta write fast 😂