Serve - Nishinoya Yuu

[ requested ]
———

He wanted to see it. He wanted to see you play. You were one of the managers of Karasuno's boys volleyball team and you became really close with all of them, especially with their libero.

Nishinoya was actually the easiest one to be friends with, second to Hinata who had great communicating skills of course, but you were still much more closer than Noya that was for sure.

In fact he was the only one who knew about how you were once the ace of a girls volleyball team in junior high. Unfortunately, things became awfully complicated and messed up before going to high school.

You had an injury on your knee. When you went to the doctor, things got even worse. You found out that your knees were almost as fragile as glass. The connection between the bones on both your knees were loose and it could break any moment if you weren't careful enough.

Because of this, your parents decided that it was better and safer for you to just let go of your passion for volleyball. Yet you just couldn't, you wanted to play. But considering the doctor's and your parents' words, when you went to Karasuno, you decided to take the safer road and joined the boys volleyball team –for you heard they were strong enough in the past to go the nationals– as a manager instead. You thought at least you were connected to volleyball.

Nishinoya wanted to see it. He wanted to see you play. But you couldn't and he understood. Still...

"Y/N! Will you hit some of my toss? Asahi-san's practicing his serves so." The libero asked with high hopes.

You gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Noya, but I have to check the other gym if it's not in use for the others' individual practice."

"I'll come with you!"

"Thank you but It's okay. I got this." You then put on your shoes, went out, and started walking.

Unfortunately, you couldn't just stop a cheeky Noya from secretly following.

–––

You entered the supposed to be girls' vbc gym. It was empty. "Uh, hello?" You sounded like entering someone's empty house but you didn't care. You have to make sure that no one was really there for the boys to use. Perhaps they were having their running exercise outside for the net was still in place and fixed.

You then went to the other side of the net where the balls' container was. "Guess I should ask later then." You said to yourself as you grabbed a ball from the blue box and dribbled it a couple of times.

God you loved that sound. The contact of the ball from hitting the floor, you missed the times when you were the one causing those sounds. Nostalgia then hit you, the image of you getting a spike in flashed in your mind and you couldn't help but smile.

One more time. You thought as you looked at the ball that you were holding. Let me experience that incredible feeling of playing volleyball.

You then faced the net and positioned yourself a little distant from the end of the court line. You threw the ball in the air, jumped freely, and spiked the ball with just enough strength.

When your feet landed, your lips then formed the brightest smile, realizing that the ball went in and that it was actually an amazing jump serve.

You grabbed another ball and threw it once again, jumped, and spiked it. This time though with too much power. Out. You thought.

But the ball didn't even hit the ground when something –no, someone– like lightning flashed and received the ball perfectly.

Your eyes widened. It was none other than the guardian deity of Karasuno. "Noya, I-I told you to st–"

"God I'm so in love with you." He said so straightforwardly with a sincere smile which made your heartbeat race. You then noticed how he fixed his posture and took a deep breath from the other side of the net. "I've always liked you, Y/N. But after seeing you swiftly and perfectly hit the ball like that, I've fallen for you even deeper." The way he said those words with such confidence was enough to send butterflies in your stomach.

"The smile on your face when you made that awesome serve was absolutely beautiful."

That was it, he dropped the bomb. Your heart melted, your mind blew, your body felt warm. "Noya..."

"I want to see that smile again. I want to see you play."

———
The idea was actually good but I ruined it with my writing 😭 I added some angst too lmao I'm trash