The Good Guy [Part 2] - Iwaizumi Hajime

"For god's sake, Y/N, be more careful next time." Iwaizumi said, putting a bandaid on your wounded knee.

He took you to the infirmary after your sudden tripping while laughing at cute dog videos on your phone. Unfortunately, the school nurse was on her break so your boyfriend just let you sat on one of the beds while he tried to find the right ointment and bandaid to put on your wound.

You and Iwaizumi Hajime had been dating for quite a while now. It started about five months ago since that confession you made at the rooftop. Although it took a little while for the two of you to work out as a couple, from the very beginning of your relationship, Iwaizumi treated you best and was definitely the perfect boyfriend.

The ace always waited for you at the school gates to walk with you to your class, he never let you eat alone during lunch, he would invite you to watch him practice just so he could walk home you home, he would let you know whenever they would have extra practice so you could go home early though, he would spam you with messages like 'are you home?', 'where are you?', 'did you bring an umbrella?', 'text me when you get home okay? or call me, i prefer that.', he even took you on dates.

He was the sweetest. Though you still weren't quite sure whether he was doing those things because he wanted to or just because it was obligatory for a boyfriend to do all that stuff.

Even though you and Iwaizumi were together, he still continued to be friends with Furushita. She was his best friend's girlfriend so it 'couldn't be helped' as said by Iwaizumi. Whenever Furushita and Oikawa weren't 'okay' or were in an argument, Furushita would always run to Iwaizumi for comfort and a friend's shoulder to cry on. They still hung out and it bothered you. Not because you were jealous– well, kind of –but because you were worried about how he was going to move on from her and the heartbreak that she gave him. You being there wasn't enough, he needed to help himself.

Sometimes you would even wonder if he still had feelings for her. You thought he probably did, but being the total masochist you were, you still hoped that perhaps someday those feelings would be given to you instead.

The blackette wasn't ignoring your feelings for him, in fact he cared about them. He would always try his hardest to avoid Furushita. He wasn't dumb, he was aware that being with Oikawa's girlfriend was a bit touchy for to be honest with himself, he still wasn't sure if he really had moved on.

Iwaizumi cared for you. He really did. You made him happy like no one else did and he wanted to do the same with you. But was he in love with you? He still haven't found out yet.

"Next time, if you're going to watch dog videos on your phone, please don't do it while walking." The wild haired scolded you, sitting beside you on the infirmary bed.

"Sorry." You pouted a little, making him chuckle for it was too adorable for him.

The two of you then suddenly flinched when the curtain in front of you moved. You saw another bed from the other side of the white cloth. There was another student patient.

You blinked before speaking, the feeling of uneasiness suddenly building up. "Furushita-san?"

"Oh, good afternoon, L/N-chan..." She said weakly, turning her attention to the blackette beside you. "And Iwaizumi. I thought I heard you and I was right." Furushita smiled as you noticed how her skin was a little pale.

"Nagi. Are you okay?" He asked immediately after taking a good look at her. You turned to your boyfriend and saw the obvious concern in his eyes. Taking a deep breath, you looked down at the floor then to your lap, trying to avoid the sight of him being a little exaggeratedly worried.

You heard her hum a yes and Iwaizumi quickly stood up to put his hand on her forehead. "You're burning up." He stated calmly yet the tone of concern was still present.