Fools - Akaashi Keiji

Plot was inspired by one of the side stories of haveyouseenthisgirl's "voiceless" :)

"You're so beautiful."

"You're absolutely amazing."

"I love you."

You've heard these words from his mouth plenty of times. You thought those sweet words were for you, because he said those to you... but they weren't.

They weren't lies, they were just meant for another person. For the person you never knew existed until your father finally confessed about how you and your mother were his second family.

You had an older sister. A half sister. She was only a year older than you yet you two had the same features. She was more like a twin, the only difference between you and her was she had shorter/longer hair. Your eyes has brighter/darker shades of E/C than hers too.

Those words were for her.

Your family was never perfect nor happy. Your parents hated each other. And you hated them. Everytime they argue, scream and sometimes even throw things at each other, you'd be sneaking out of the house -they wouldn't care anyway- to go for a stress releasing walk and go to a near convenience store.

And there, you met him. His hair as dark as the night sky, his tan skin, and captivating green eyes. Akaashi Keiji was definitely beautiful.

The first time you saw him, he was outside the store, sitting on the pavement while staring blankly at the stars. He was holding an ice cream cone and you noticed it dripping.

"Uhm... Hey." You called softly tapping his shoulder. "You okay?"

He turned his head around to look at you and you noticed his eyes widened before he stood up. The blackette didn't say anything, he just stared deeply into your eyes, observing their every feature. He then looked down as his eyes showed a hint of disappointment.

"Your hand's gonna get sticky." You then broke the silence.

"What's your name?" He asked a bit straightforwardly.

You paused for a second, feeling a bit bothered by his sudden question. "L/N. L/N Y/N." You answered anyway.

Since then, whenever your parents fight and do your usual sneak out, you'd always see Akaashi at that convenience store.

The two of you became friends, telling each other the funniest stories. You also found out that you two were in the same school and that he was a setter at the boy's volleyball club.

You became bestfriends with him, telling each other secrets. You told him about how fucked up your family was and you'd always cry in his arms whenever you get tired of all those bullshits. He became your comfort and happiness.

And you fell in love with him.

He treated you differently, in a good way. Different from any other girl. You didn't know why though, but you chose not to assume that he felt the same way.

You then confessed to him and were completely surprised when he smiled and accepted your feelings.

You and the setter became a couple. He was yours and you were his. You two were happy. Yet you noticed something. He had trouble looking straight into your eyes, like he didn't actually liked those E/C orbs of yours.

Did he hate them? No, those eyes were just... not hers.

--

Your father decided to tell you and your mother about his first family. Apparently that was the reason why your parents fought a lot. Your dad was keeping a big secret all along and it made your heart shatter into pieces. Though it was hard, you learned to just accept it.

You didn't bother to tell Akaashi about this. The two of you were happy and you didn't want anything to distract that happiness or him to worry.

One day, your dad told you to get dressed and prepare for a ride. You were surprised when he took you to a hospital. You really didn't have any idea why he brought you there.

"It's time for you to finally meet her." He said to you as the two of you stood outside one of the hospital rooms.

You gave him a confusing look and he then slowly opened the door. As you entered the room, you saw a very weak looking girl laying down on the bed. She turned her head to look at you and gave you a sweet gentle smile.

And that's when you noticed how almost every frame, every color, figure, and feature of the two of you were very similar. She was a paler version of you.

You finally realized who she was, remembering the fact that your father had another family.

"You must be Y/N." She said softly and you walked towards her nervously. "It's great to finally meet my younger sister."

The two of you then talked, and talked, and talked your hearts out. You found a lot of things about her and you actually felt comfortable with her. Well, she is your sister. You found it very easy to like her.

She told you about a lot of things. About her condition, her doctor confirmed the diagnosis on her having leukemia, and there was no cure for it. About how she was supposed to be a second year in high school. About how she worked part time at a convenience store near your house. About how she met this guy with dark hair, tan skin and green eyes... and how they fell in love.

--

"Keiji?" You spoke through your phone.

"Hey, Y/N. What made you call?"

"Are you free tonight?"

"Well, yes. Why?"

"Can we meet up? I wanna take you somewhere."

You heard him chuckle slightly. "A date huh?"

"No, but... I promise you'll be very happy."

--

"What're we doing at a hospital? Are we going to visit someone?" The green eyed asked, not knowing what the hell was happening, as the two of you stood outside your sister's confine room door.

"You're going to visit them." You responded as you gave him a sad smile.

He slightly squinted his eyes in confusion and you then opened the door, causing him to automatically enter. Akaashi froze when he saw your sister laying in there, reading a small book. She turned to the door when she heard it opened, and her eyes suddenly widened when she finally saw the love of her life, standing there.

You gently pushed the setter, asking him to walk towards her. But he just turned to look at you, concern was present in his eyes.

Your sad smile widened, forcing the forming tears in your eyes to remain hidden. You gave your sister one last look and you saw a concerned yet grateful look on her pale face. Sighing as you gently closed the door, leaving the two of them together.

You peeked through the small window of the door and saw Akaashi hugging your sister tightly, as if not wanting to let her go or lose her again. Like he was protecting his whole world in his arms.

You then let all your tears fall as your heart sunk deep, causing more pain than ever. You felt your knees getting weaker and weaker and you finally sat down on a near chair, covering your mouth to avoid sobs or any sound of suffering and hurt.

You cried, knowing that there was no turning back. After this, he's going to leave you and get back to the one he really loved. You couldn't imagine your life without him, but you needed to let him go.

For him to be happy, for her to give him the happiness that you couldn't ever give.

You were a fool to fall for someone who didn't love you for who you actually were. He was a fool for using you. Two foolish acts, broke one heart, and saved the other one.

-
Well that was overdramatic. I'm going to make a part two for this because I love happy endings too. But for those who's contented with a sad ending then yeah you don't have to read it 😂