For him - Oikawa Tooru

Okay this is not a songfic. None of my one shots are songfic. I just really love using troye's songs as story titles.

Though in this one, I kinda put some of the lyrics of his song, you guessed it, for him because I had to okay it's too beautiful. So yeah, enjoy :)

——

You were not really a very expressive person. You didn't like telling people directly what or how you feel. So when you really couldn't keep those feelings inside, you write about it. Either on a diary or through a poem. You even owned a personal notebook exclusively for your poems. But that was not the only thing you liked to do.

You were part of the classical music club in Aoba Johsai. You loved playing the piano, the incredibly relaxing yet amazing sound it creates when you press its keys, the challenge it gives you whenever you wanted to play a very difficult piece, the emotions it gives you, and just the piano and music in general. You loved every single part of it.

Thus, you loved turning your poems into songs. Turning a piece of art into another type of art is just very enjoyable and refreshing to you.

You've made a lot of wonderful songs because you easily get inspired by anything. Your family, friendship, love, faith, fear, your friends' break up stories, and just everything. But one of the things you loved to make songs about is your relationship with Seijou's volleyball team captain, Oikawa Tooru.

He was your boyfriend and he loved you so, you loved each other perfectly. But being in a relationship with him was a lot more difficult than you thought. He was definitely popular among girls. Also with boys in terms of volleyball, well you know what, he was just popular in general. And he deserved it, he deserved happiness and fame because of all the hard work that he had been doing for the team, the school, and to hide the insecurities.

You on the other hand, was not popular at all. You were a regular high school student, trying to enjoy life as much as possible.

It was after school and you were inside the music room all by yourself, sitting in front of a piano. This was your club room, you and the other members just finished a short meeting but you decided to stay and enjoy the grand piano in front of you while waiting for Oikawa to finish his practice.

Today was your very first anniversary as a couple and he promised to finish early to spend time with you. And so you prepared a small yet special gift for him. The setter knew that you love writing poems and making songs, especially on your little notebook, but he has no idea that almost half of the poems inside that notebook was for him or about him. No one actually ever seen the things written in it, even him. So for your anniversary, you decided to show him a few of your creations.

You were still undecided whether to just show the poems to him or play and sing it for him. Everyone knew that you were more than just a girl for an orchestra, always on the background. No. You have the most beautiful voice and everyone knew that except for yourself. You just didn't have the confidence.

"Y/N-chan~" Oikawa suddenly entered the room through the open door.

You then felt nervous seeing the brunette smiling at you. "H-Hey, Tooru." You smiled back at him. "How's practice?"

"Iwa-chan scolded me again!" He pouted as he sat beside you, making you scooch a little, him facing the grand piano as well.

You chuckled "As usual."

"So." Oikawa started as he excitedly looked down at you. "You said you're going to give me something for our anniversary. Can you give it to me now? Because I..." His sweet smile grew wider. "I just can't wait."