Careful - Daishou Suguru

[ requested ]
———

Careful. That word wasn't in your vocabulary. You weren't careful with the things you do, the things you grab, step on, hold, or even touch. Thus, working at a cafe wasn't really the best idea.

"I swear, L/N, if you break another plate I will fucking–"

"Yes, sir! This won't happen again." You cut your senpai's –the cafe's manger– words before he could even say what he was supposed to say... thankfully.

He sighed. "That was your 3rd plate. And you've only been working for two hours."

The manager kept talking a little loudly in anger. You just whished the earth could swallow you at that very moment for a lot of the customers were already looking at you with either pity or curiosity.

One of them thought it was hella funny though. His snake like eyes stared at you from across the room. He saw what happened earlier when you were looking at the floor like you dropped something, you were about to get it when you accidentally dropped the plate that you were holding. He was being a jerk, he knew. But he couldn't help it, the slightest thing could make Daishou Suguru laugh.

Actually, this wasn't the first time he saw you dropping something. He would visit this cafe whenever he's too exhausted to walk home from afternoon practice, same time as your shift. Daishou would usually rest here for a while and order a cup of coffee and you had been noticing him for quite a while now. Of course, you had been catching his attention too for he had seen you drop, break, trip, misplace, and get scolded on a few times.

Plus, you were in the same school as him. You had seen each other a few times there but never actually approached one another.

Daishou watched as you get the tray of orders and walked nervously to one of the cafe's table when your foot suddenly made an awkward interaction with something bumpy. "HOLY S–" you unintentionally almost cursed before fixing your balance. "–SPIRIT. AMEN!"

Everyone turned their heads to look at you once again, some even laughed a bit loudly which was rude yet you understood.

That was it. Your pride and dignity was taken by the oh so powerful embarrassment. You walked to the back of the counter like nothing happened but the crimson color forming on your cheeks said it all. It was embarrassing enough to make droplets of tears form in your eyes. It didn't get the chance to drop though when a deep voice suddenly called.

"Hey." You turned your head to see a really tall guy with dark hair and squinty eyes. "Can I have some water?"

"Y-Yes! Of course." You stuttered as you filled a cup with water and gave it to him, finally realizing that he was more attractive up close.

"Make sure to thank the holy spirit for saving you earlier." He gave you a teasing chuckle.

Your body tensed. "Don't remind me please." You heard him laughed slightly. "And don't tell anyone at school." It was practically a whisper which he both fortunately and unfortunately heard.

"Okay. I won't tell anyone." His grin grew wider. "In one condition."

You didn't care about having conditions at that time for you needed your pride and dignity back first. "What is it?"

"You have to tell me your name. I'm Daishou by the way. Daishou Suguru."

"I know. You're like really famous." You accidentally spoke your mind which didn't matter cause his grin was still present.

"So what's yours?"

"L/N. L/N Y/N."

"L/N Y/N. Cute name."

And then you absentmindedly responded with a quote from a tv show. "You like that? You should hear my phone number." It took you a moment and a sweet chuckle from him to finally realize the things you just said. "I-I mean– I was just–"

"You're not really careful with your words huh?" His face was now a bit red.

"I'm not really careful with anything."

"It's cute." Daishou said as he grabbed his phone from his pocket and gave it to you. "I'd love to have your number please."

———
lmao i haven't read the manga yet so daishou's probably ooc here 😂