Last Name - Kageyama Tobio

[ requested ]

It was a battle between crows. The boys volleyball team versus the girls volleyball team in a practice match. The other gym was currently in maintenance and making the two teams fuse, giving the two captains the idea to play against each other.

The ball was going to your direction from a teammate's serve. You jumped as high as you could in a spiking position which made the boys' blockers react but was incredibly shocked when you changed your form into a setting position and tossed the ball to your captain, adding a point to your team's score.

Kageyama stared at you, speechless. Where have I seen those moves before? He asked himself. Hinata had been talking about you since you started helping him practice, sending him tosses to spike whenever Kageyama was busy practicing his spikes and serve.

You became really close friends with the red head because of this. Sometimes he would also help by motivating or giving you positivity for he was not really good with volleyball basics yet but still you were thankful.

Kageyama had heard from Hinata and others how amazing of a setter you were. Everyone said that you were the most incredible and efficient female setter and the most intimidating for you were just a first year. Kageyama actually thought that what people were saying was exaggerated, but seeing you now playing up close, he was rather surprised that these people were right after all.

He was... interested.

"Sho-chan, that was amazing!" You said excitedly when Hinata finally hit a spike in, which ended the set with the score of 25-21.

His brown eyes shone. "Really? Thanks Y/N-chan!"

During water break, the blackette just couldn't help but to stare at you curiously as you talked to your teammates. You reminded him of someone. Someone whom he couldn't distinguish.

"Oy, Kageyama." Hinata called but he didn't notice or hear. "Kageyama. Kageyama-kun. Kageyama-san!" And finally the male setter snapped out of his thoughts. "You've been staring at Y/N for about ten seconds."

"I'm not gonna steal your girlfriend, bokeh." He responded, still a little spacing out.

The little crow tilted his a head a bit. "Y/N? But she's not my girlfriend– wait, why are we even talking about this? You like her don't you?" He asked Kageyama louder than it supposed to be, making the setter clench his fists and blush intensely in embarrassment. Did he liked you? Or was he just interested?

You and Kageyama were both first years but you've never actually talked to the guy. But you were one of those kind people who would smile at anyone you'd make eye contact with and Kageyama was a victim of that killer smile of yours. Not only once but almost every morning whenever you walk pass each other at the hallways. And he liked that. He liked your smile, your kindness, and the positive aura surrounding your whole body opposite from his.

Did he liked you or was he just interested? Probably both.

"Y/N-chan!" The red head suddenly called which made Kageyama flinch.

"O-Oy! What are you doing?" He whispered shouted with his scariest expression but was quickly turned into a soft one when he saw you approached him and Hinata.

"Hey, Sho." You looked at him then to the blackette. "Hi, Kageyama-kun."

"Y-You know me?" He absentmindedly asked.

Oh you knew him. In fact, you admired him. He was a genius a setter, a monster player, formerly known as the king of the court, plus he's cute. You saw him played multiple times since he started as a regular in Kitagawa Daichi and you were amazed on how he had so much physical and character development in just a short time.

"Of course I do." You smiled which made his heart flutter.

Kageyama then noticed Hinata slowly walked backwards and gave him a thumbs up as if saying good luck as he left the two to talk.

"You were great by the way." You said. "I've never seen such accurate pinpointing and ball control."

The king's face then turned into a darker shade of crimson. "T-Thanks. You too... were... great." He couldn't find the right words to say for your smile was just too distracting.

You were about to say something when Hinata suddenly shouted. "Grand King!"

Kageyama's body tensed, hearing the nickname given to the one and only Oikawa Tooru who was standing by the gym door. Their eyes locked for a moment with both brows furrowed until Oikawa spoke.

"Ah, good afternoon, did I interrupt something? Excuse me for a sec." He then started to walk towards you, making you cross your arms.

"Onii-chan, I told you. You don't have to pick me up." You said, a bit annoyed at your older brother.

Kageyama gasped. "Onii?-"

Everyone gasped. "Chan!?"

The brunette spoke again. "I see that you're now friends with Tobio-chan." He said, smiling but with animated veins popping out of his head.

"So?" You responded sassily. You were aware of your brother's hatred for his former underclassman and you knew why, you understood, but you weren't going to take sides.

"Go change now, Y/N. I'll be waiting outside." Oikawa said, this time in a more serious tone.

You then gave Kageyama an apologetic look and bowed a little before going to the changing room. The gym was filled with nothing but silence until Kageyama walked towards a jaw dropped Hinata.

"You knew?" The setter asked with his brows still furrowed.

"I didn't know her last name was Oikawa!"

Kageyama turned his head to the girl's team and Yui sighed. "She didn't want anyone to know."

I should probably make a part two. Anyways, hope you liked this double requested shot. Double request because I actually combined the ideas of two requests bc why not? 😂