Gift - Sugawara Koushi

adult/parent au
———

"Koushi, how could you?" Your voice was hoarse as you spoke, more like a whisper. Your body was shaking, devastation and anger filling your brain as you felt your heart slowly yet deeply sinking. Tears continuously fell from your tired eyes. You were a mess, your shared room was a mess, your relationship with him was a mess, a complete horrible mess.

"Y/N." The gray haired tried to come near you but you automatically moved back."I-I'm sorry." He whispered as the formed tears in his eyes finally fell.

"No you're not!" You said. "You're not sorry. You've been cheating on me for a month, how the fuck are you sorry!?"

Never in your five years relationship had you thought about your boyfriend, Sugawara Koushi cheating on you... yet he did. For the past two months, your relationship with him had been dull. You knew it was half your fault for you were really focused on your career than anything these past few months. Still, it wasn't a proper reason for him to be in a secret relationship with another girl.

Sure you were busy with your work, but you would always try your hardest to find time for Suga, giving him his needs. You loved him so damn much that you'd sometimes stay awake at 2am even though you're really tired and have to wake up in four hours just so you can have the sweet little late night talks with him that you really adore.

You loved him, he loved you... and another woman too. The pain you felt was indescribably intense. It hurt you so bad and he knew, little did you know it was killing him too. The sight of you crying, the thought of how the pain you were feeling was because of his mistakes, it was all torture to him.

"I made a huge mistake." He finally caught your hand and held it like it was his whole word. "I know that a sorry wouldn't change anything, I cheated, I gave in to the temptation. But it was lust that I felt for her, nothing but lust. You're the only one I love, Y/N." You couldn't move, you didn't feel anything but pain, giving him a chance to cup your cheeks and wipe the tears that he caused. "Please, I'm sorry. I really am."

You looked at Sugawara and stared deeply into his eyes. You saw sincerity, regret, pain, and desperation in them, but those feelings wouldn't ever change the fact that he slept with another woman.

Surely at that moment, your emotions were much, much stronger than anything. And thus, your emotions had lead you onto a decision. "I'm sorry too, Koushi." You removed his hand from your face and hesitantly said "But I'm leaving."

His eyes widened, his grip around your hand loosened from the shock, giving you the chance to finally walk away. You covered your mouth to prevent yourself from making such sad sounds. You then put your other hand on your stomach, feeling the life that you and Sugawara had created which was still unknown to him, and you wanted to stay that way. "We're going to be okay." You whispered gently, comforting yourself and your future child.

——

"You're my secret santa!?" Hinata exclaimed, his brows furrowing in confusion, making the blackette in front of him blush.

"J-Just take the gift, boke!" Kageyama stuttered as he literally throw the surprisingly neatly wrapped present. The red head caught it without a problem.

Sugawara laughed at his two former underclassmen for being as hyper as they were in high school. The former karasuno volleyball team was having their christmas reunion party at Daichi and Yui Sawamura's place. Of course, a christmas party wouldn't be a real christmas party without the good'ol secret santa. The twelve of them were formed in a circle on the floor as if they were still teenagers having a slumber party.