Heaven (Kingdom!AU) - Hinata Shouyou

No one's gonna die I promise 😂
-

The castle's doors were open for the people of your kingdom to enter. Those empty halls were now full of your favourite foods and drinks, bright lights and fancy dresses, ladies and men dancing swiftly with the music so gentle.

The whole kingdom was celebrating your birthday. And as the King and Queen's only daughter, the celebration had to be huge.

You didn't really care about how big the party was or should be. Sure you liked how the kingdom was filled with joy and how your mother and father interacted with people. You appreciated all the gifts from other royalties and even the simple ones. But still, all you wanted more than anything else for your birthday or perhaps everyday...

Was him.

"Princess!" Speaking of the crow.

You smiled hearing the cheerful yet angelic voice. The two daughters of a wealthy family that you were just talking to slightly bowed and walked away. You then turned to face the red head. "You know you don't have to call me that, Shouyou."

His smile grew wider. "Servants like me should always respect the royal family. Especially on big parties like this." He then roamed his eyes, staring at every corner of the hall and turned his attention back to you.

"Well then, as the Princess, I would like you to call me by my name. Like how you usually do. Since we were five." You chuckled.

Hinata Shouyou. His mother was one of the servants of the castle. She was your favourite actually, she didn't just treat you like a princess, but like her own child too. You became friends with her only son. Heck he became your first ever friend since you were not allowed to step out of the castle.

Everyday the red head would knock on your large bedroom door and ask if you could play with him. Of course you wouldn't hesitate to say yes. You loved playing, talking, sneaking out, and just being with him. He made you very happy.

Being with that energetic boy always made you forget about being a princess. You hated all these rules, roles, and being treated royal. You just wanted to be treated equally with everyone. And he was the very first one to do that, he didn't treat you like a princess yet he still had his respect, he treated you like a friend.

You and Hinata then grew up. You two played less and talked more. Walked through the castle's empty halls with your conversation getting deeper -putting more feelings in every word- everyday. He would smile at you and you'd blush. You would hold his hand and his heart would flutter.

You fell in love with each other.

Though, the both of you have never told the other about your feelings yet. But honestly, words weren't needed for Hinata and you to notice it. You two kind of just... knew.

"Hey, Y/N." Hinata said.

"Yes?"

"I just realized I haven't showed you my gift yet!" He responded excitedly and your smile grew wider.

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

"R-Right. Put your cloak on then. It's kind of cold outside."

Your eyes slightly widened as excitement conquered your entire body. "Are we?..."

You noticed him blush as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "It's been awhile s-since I last took you outside. So since the guards are quite focused on the party, I thought maybe we can sneak out."

You let out a small laugh before you spoke again. "That'd be lovely. Please do."

-

"Where are we going?" You asked the short boy holding your hand as you ran and followed him.

Thank heavens there weren't a lot of people around since almost everyone were at the castle. You liked how peaceful and quiet the streets are, and of course the fact that no one was going to notice your little sneak out with Hinata.

"You'll see." He slightly turned his head to look at you and smiled. "We've been there before actually! Oh wait-"

He stopped his feet from moving, causing you to do the same. You raised an eyebrow as you catch your breath from running, curiousity still hasn't left your mind. You knew you have walked through these streets before. But where was he really taking you?

"We're almost there. Only a few steps away." He said, making small jumps. Excitement was clear in his eyes and you grinned sweetly at his actions. He's so adorable. You thought.

Hinata spoke again. "Now close your eyes."

"Huh?"

"Do close it, Y/N."

You then sighed in defeat as you slowly closed your eyes, eyelids covering your E/C orbs. You felt your hand being lifted by his as he walked and gently guided you to a place where you can hear water slightly splashing.

"Shouyou? Can I open my eyes now?"

You felt his hand release yours and heard him step beside you. He hummed a yes and with that you quickly shot your eyes open.

You gasped, seeing how beautiful the sight was. You saw the famous large fountain in the very center of the kingdom. Of course, you've seen this place before, Hinata would always bring you here whenever you two sneak out.

But tonight, the sight was different. The fountain was clean and fixed, water flowing from the very top. There were tons of candles on floating leaves by the water. It looked so... enchanting.

"Wow." You finally spoke as you turned to look at the red head. "Shouyou... You did all of this?"

You saw his face turned into a shade of crimson. "Y-Yeah. The top of the fountain was too high for me to reach though so I asked a few people to help. Do you l-like it!?" He asked a bit loudly.

You gave him a gentle smile. "I love it!" You then jumped to hug him tightly as you could. Oh how you wished you could express your gratitude even further. "Thank you so much." You said sweetly.

The boy internally thanked every god that you didn't see his face getting redder by your actions.

You felt pure happiness and joy. He knew you badly wanted to see the fountain's true beauty, and he did a great job making your silly little dream come true.

You then slowly pulled away, arms still wrapped around his neck. His hands rested on your hips, you swore you felt him a bit shaking.

"Y/N..." He said lowly as his eyes met yours.

"Hmm?" You couldn't help yourself but stare at his breathtaking sunset colored eyes. You just loved looking and getting lost in them.

"I... I love you, Princess Y/N."

You felt your heart skipped a beat at his words. Though, your face didn't show any hint of surprise. "I know."

"A-A-Am I too obvious?"

You chuckled. "We're too obvious, Shouyou."

"You mean..."

"Yes." You said almost whispering as you felt tears forming in your eyes. "I am incredibly in love with you."

You then rested your hand on his flustered cheeks, slowly moving your face closer to his, until your lips met and you both slowly closed your eyes, making those tears of joy finally fall from yours.

Hinata's lips were surprisingly soft as you felt them swiftly moving while pressed with your rosy ones.

It made you wonder how he kissed you so gently, so good and heavenly. But that didn't matter. All you knew was you wanted time to slow down. You'd stay like this forever if you could.

You pulled away slowly, not wanting to leave his lips, though you needed to catch your breath. The two of you then again, stared at each other's eyes.

Hinata spoke again. "Happy Birthday, Y/N."

-
I'm an expert at grammatical errors istg.

I'll be writing a part two for this okay okay. Who knows maybe I'll make it as a Hinata x Reader x Kageyama ;)