The Quiet - Kuroo Tetsuro

It was quiet. Too quiet.

You and Kuroo were laying apart from each other on your shared bed, backs facing each other. The silence between the two of you was somehow heavy because of the fact that the both of you knew that the other was awake.

A few minutes ago you were just sobbing repeatedly, letting every pain out through every breath. Kuroo heard those sobs and tried so hard not to get hurt too much, hearing how much he hurt you. But now you weren't making any sound at all yet tears continued to fall from your eyes.

Earlier, you and your boyfriend, Kuroo had a very serious fight. You two screamed at each other several times even though you were only inches apart. Though, your hearts were miles away from each other at that moment of misunderstandings and saying things that weren't meant.

The gold eyed was only on the other side of the bed yet you felt a much more distant space between the two of you.

But what you didn't know, Kuroo tried his hardest to even close his eyes and sleep but he just couldn't. The thought of you being in pain made his heart sink, he was hating and telling himself not to do anything that would hurt you ever again. He wanted to embrace you, kiss you, tell you he loved you so much, and that he was terribly sorry. But he was a man with strong pride.

Cold breeze entered the window, the low temperature air touched your skin and you shivered, gasping quietly but loud enough for Kuroo to hear from the other side of the bed.

He turned his head to look at you, your back still facing him. He noticed that you weren't using your shared blanket with him. He found this as an opportunity as he turned his body facing you and moved closer to yours. He covered you with the said blanket and finally got the guts to hug you from behind.

You felt his arms embracing you by your waist and your eyes widened at his actions. Thank heavens he couldn't see your slightly surprised face. You felt his warm body against yours and you knew, he was going to finally do something about the situation, about the quiet, the heavy silence.

You swear you could feel and hear his heart beating faster and faster.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." He said softly yet sincerely as he kissed the top of your head, your H/C hair tickling his soft lips.

A sob escaped your lips as a tear fell from your eye once again, you just didn't know what to feel. Happiness? Forgiveness? More pain?

His hug tightened as he heard it and you then, felt very much at ease. "I love you so much. I'm terribly sorry for the things I've said and done. I didn't mean any of it."

It took you a second before responding, your voice still a bit rough from sobbing. "I'm sorry too, Tetsu." You whispered.

"Forgive me?"

You hummed in response, leaving him smiling with the feeling of happiness, ease, and love.

It was then again quiet. Too quiet.

Yet you both knew you were going to wake up in each other's arms. And that made it all better.