Chapter one

Please VOTE!!!!!

Your support means a lot

Dedicated to toyosibby
This pretty girl is one of the reasons I couldn't wait to start this story. Love you😘🙌

Enjoy!

On a Sunday afternoon. All the way from Abuja, they said Crown school was the best high school in Lagos state. I wondered why? But not anymore because a one time scholarship finally gave me the chance to enroll there.

On reaching the school, while in my Dad's car, I took a very good look at the school. Very beautiful. The outside itself looked expensive. This was no cheap school indeed. It was designed and beautified with flowers, bringing out the beauty of the wall painted in green colour. 

I heaved a sigh. I couldn't believe I was finally going to be part of them in this school. What amazed me was that, everyone had to be in the boarding house. Shouldn't they have considered not all parents could afford to put their children in a big school as this, let alone put them in the boarding house.

What can I say to this?

This should be called, "rich Kids Crown school".

"Suzy."

I turned to my Dad's direction. "Yes daddy."

But then, I knew what the calling meant. Time for lecture baby girl.

As usual, always with his serious face. That man hardly smile. Dad looked at me through the front mirror and our eyes locked before I looked away.

Dad began, "It is my desire to give my children the best and I'm happy I sent you to one of the best schools I can afford. Now that you've finished your first senior year (ss1), God has given you this beautiful opportunity to continue your education here because he knows you deserve the best." He said, getting me to smile and continued. "I want you to focus on your studies and read well as usual. Don't think of playing too much," he warned and his voice hardened, getting my happy smile off my face. "You should spend most of your time reading and study all you can. Are we clear?"

"Yes sir!" I quickly replied and looked away. Seriously, many times, I had wondered how Mom fell in love with this man. Who could tell if they married out of love. Everyday, he came home with his serious face and neither me nor my elder sister could ever dare to disobey him. We can't try nonsense when we see that face.

But my rare gem, my pretty mom was just too sweet for him.

"Suzy dear." Mom's sweet voice called, turning to my direction to reveal her smiling face to me. "School girl," she teased again, and I blushed.

"Mom." I giggled, facing her completely. "I will miss you."

She smiled, but continued what she planned on telling me. "Everything your Dad said is the truth my girl. We are extremely excited for you and we want you to face your studies and excel in your exams," she said.