Chapter Forty eight

What was the next thing I did?

I gently used the hankerchief to adjust my make up. Dabbing it gently on my face to get some part off. I made sure I was looking a bit better. Then I was finally good to go. Opening the door of the bathroom, a voice made me halt. It was familiar, but I didn't know if it was for me.

"Wow!" The voice repeated again. "Isn't she beautiful?" I turned and I was greeted with one of the faces I hated to see.

"Daniella." It came out as a whisper. I wasn't expecting to see her.

She laughed. "Exactly beautiful." She laughed again, not reaching her eyes. "You just couldn't forget me. One of your rivals right?" She winked at me.

She's crazy. I never liked her, and I never for a second thought of her or seeing her again. What rubbish!

"He looked more handsome shey? Manly?" She said. "Sexy, successful, rich, and that body-"

"Just stop!" I raised my voice. "How does that concerns me? I'm not here for him okay. So stop your errant nonsense." I stopped her from saying anything about Victor again.

She laughed widely and moved closer to me. "You're lucky you know. He came back for you. He left me for you. It's just you. Just for you. He never had a serious relationship just because of you. He dreamt of seeing you again just for you to continue from where you stopped. What's so special about you anyways? What's it about you! I want to know!Why can't this man move on since he met you! What the fuck did you do to him! Tell me!"

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up!" Her voice wouldn't let me concentrate. "I did nothing! Nothing! Don't ever repeat those statements in front of me again. I'm not here for you guys. And that's not my business Lady."

She laughed devilshly. Her voice sounded very very bitter and angry. She was no longer sounding nice. "I don't think it's your beauty alone. What else are you using? You've not forgotten him too right? Which charm for a guy to be so obsessed with you!"

Charm? She was starting to scatter my head with her nonsense.

"Daniella, I don't know what you're talking about. I've moved on. And he did too. He has his girlfriend and I have mine. Sorry but this conversation is over."

She laughed, enjoying herself. Flashing her extremely long red nails at me, she stopped me. "You mean that one?" I knew she was referring to Gabi. "She's too slow, dense, and she's just one girl who doesn't know what she wants. But our Victor. Our Victor..."

Why was she putting our?

She's really insane.

She was even repeating 'our' as if Victor was a kind of property available on eBay, Jumia, or Konga.com.

"Why the face?" She was really enjoying what she was doing. I was angry, boiling inside of me already, but I decided to keep quiet and just stared at her. "Well, our Victor needs something like this. Like you." She pointed her finger at me and I felt like chewing that finger off. She stared at my body, almost breaking her stiff neck. "Be careful dear Suzy. Don't go back running into his arms yet. I see he can't take his eyes off you. And as every other girl, he would only end up sleeping with you, and enjoy this smashing body you've built over the years."