Chapter Twenty two

SURPRISE!!!!🙌💃

•••

Actually, I guess someone has been taking something bad for his health.

Slowly, the same eight pairs of eyes turned to stare at me like I just committed a murder.

What's with the eyes please?

He never even asked me out!  I wanted to scream out. I looked up at Victor but he was just smiling. I understand he's consoling himself with that. All good.

"Hmm," Mercy cleared her throat. "It's nice meeting you Victor. I hope you're coping with her because she's a little bit naughty."

No! Seriously, what is Mercy saying? Did she believe I've gotten a boyfriend too?

Victor chuckled lightly, looking at my direction and said, " I love every bit of her naughty behavior. That behavior gives me reasons to smile, and laugh."

Aww, lord help me not to open my teeth. I tried to hide my blush by pouting my lips like I don't care.

"Oh!" Mercy said, "then I guess my cousin has no problem."

You're wrong dear cousin..

That boy is a beautiful problem.

A big one because he drives me nut!  He drives me crazy!

I get totally insane when he smiles. Those smiles are too beautiful and make him stupidly handsome.

"Suzy!" I guess my name had been called for long because Mercy's voice was a bit louder.

"Oh, sorry. I was thinking about my assignments."

Hmm....

Suzy the liar!

Mercy's eyes widened with a smile spread on her lips. "That assignment must be a very big problem."

Haha... Was she reading my mind.

Actually, no. It's a very beautiful  problem!

"I'm Yomi."

"Benjamin by name." The two introduced themselves. "I must say you both look very beautiful." Benjamin said.

I knew Mercy too well. She doesn't fall that easily.  No matter the compliment an opposite sex said to her, it was never special to her at all. As little as we were back in junior school, she was good at keeping secrets. Because of that, we didn't have to hide things from each other.