Chapter 2

Dedicated to Kellyshor_writes

The first Nigerian I met, all the way from 'The Survivors'. A book written by me. With all her support, I was able to finish the book, despite all I faced. Thanks a lot for the support.

I got up and sorted out my note books and textbooks. I realised I needed to find someone who was also in science class. Especially the class I was put in, ss2A. The time table was actually what I wanted so I could sort out the notes needed for tomorrow's class. I debated who to go to and decided to go to the girl in glasses. She seem reserved and I felt she was someone I could talk to.

"Hi," I greeted immediately I got to her.

She looked up at me and smiled a little. "Hi, what can I do for you?" Her voice sounded really good, cheering me up, and encouraging me to speak.

"I'm new here-" I began, but she cut me off.

"I know. Just tell me how I can help you."

Silence.

"Hello."

Suzy!
Suzy!
Suzy!

Ehnn! Ehnn! 

Immediately, I smiled at her adding more stress to my intonation to sound really good and refined just like her. "Okay," I muttered. I can't remember speaking like that for fifteen years now. What an intonation! Wahala for who can't speak phonetics. I continued. "I'm actually looking for someone in ss2A who can allow me copy the class time table. Do you know anyone?"

She smiled. "It's okay. I'm in ss2A. Have your seat." She offered me her bed, got up and opened her locker, then brought out the time table. "Here it is, take." She stretched the time table at me. I collected it with a smile.

"I'm Suzy James. Nice meeting you." I introduced myself, getting a hand shake from her.

"It's kunmi David. My pleasure." She added with a smile on her lips too.

I went back to my corner and sat on my bed. I began to copy the time table inside one of my rough notes. I packed the notes for tomorrow inside my bag and immediately returned the time table back. I sat back on her bed and decided to have a little chat with her.
"Sorry kunmi, My Mom never said anything about house wear. Where can I collect mine?" I asked, glancing at the two girls I saw earlier fully dressed in mufti.

Kunmi smiled at me lightly, closing her book. "House wear?" She repeated, sitting comfortably. "Hope you brought some clothes cause here we don't make use of house wear." She smiled innocently at me again.