Chapter Fifty One

Been a week since I resumed back to work after Victoria's wedding. I was supposed to have left the hospital in the afternoon, but had to cover up for a friend of mine who couldn't make it for afternoon shift. So tired, and stressed out. I was finally done for the day. I got up after taking little rest to start preparing to hand over and go home. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Doctor," the knock came again.

"Yes, come in."

Nurse Amarachi walked in with a tray in her hand. "You're leaving already?" She asked.

"Yes," I replied. "Just waiting for Doctor Yunis to take the night shift."

"He's around. I just saw him walked in now," Nurse Amarachi informed me.

Thank God! I silently prayed.

"Actually, I came to tell you a man is here for you. He said his name is Doctor Richard."

Doctor Richard

Despite trying to remember anyone with that name, I couldn't. I couldn't remember anyone with the name Richard, talk less of being a Doctor. "Can you please describe the man?" I asked nurse Amarachi. She squeezed her mouth, frowning her face with it just for her to describe someone. May be trying to think of words to describe the man. But then, it took her few seconds before she finally spoke up.

"He's tall, dark, with a tight green shirt. He rolled the two hands up, so his... I think Rolex watch."

I didn't know when she stopped but she did because I was already laughing so hard. What's that? Was that really a description? How was she able to write essay back in school? I almost collapsed. Thank God I was holding onto the black chair I got up from. She was actually a very good nurse, and very good at her job, but who was asking her for the Rolex watch the guy was putting on, or how tight his shirt looked.

"Nurse Amarachi one!" I teased her. "Don't worry. I will just meet the man outside. Thank you."

She didn't take me serious because I had been laughing a lot these days. Just few months of staying with sister Blessing, she taught me how to laugh pretty well at anything. I picked up my black bag I just got for myself. I cleaned my hand with the tissue in my office, dusting the red jumpsuit I was wearing. I removed the hair band holding my straight eighteen inches, human hair wig, because I couldn't allow it down during work.

On getting to where my visitor was waiting, I shook my head at who I saw before me. Another trick of getting me to see him. His back was facing me, waiting for me to appear. I stopped walking. "Hi Doctor Richard."

He turned around with a smile displaying on his lips. "Hi Gorgeous."

That made me blush a little.

"Guess Dr Richard worked?"

"No," I shook my head at him. "Actually, I was about leaving already. So how can I help you sir?"

He smiled at me, his two hands resting on his hips. I could see part of his exposed arms, veins popping out of it, getting me to drool over that hot body. He looked up at me. "I'm here for the check up I told you about."

I couldn't help it. A little chuckle escaped my mouth. "For real? Coming from a doctor."

"You and I both know the man standing before you is a business man." He said with confidence, getting me smiled in return. I was so proud of the man standing before me truly. He looked more handsome in his office clothes. I stopped checking him out and slowly rolled my eyes at him. "Is there anything I can do to put an end to this? Just because of this one slap, I've been blocked almost everywhere," I said. That seemed to be the truth because he won't stop torturing me with that one slap.