Chapter Fifty nine

"Ready?"

"Yes Daddy." A happy smile formed on my lips as Dad grabbed my hand. My little niece, Love, who was the flower girl for the day walked happily with a smiling face along with Josh, the ring bearer, who came from Victor's family.

The moment I stepped in, I saw the lucky groom of the day turned his direction at me. He stood at the front of the altar, handsome as ever. He looked nervous and at the same time eager and happy.

It was a dream about to come true.

Gradually, we approached the altar. I was getting married to the man of my dream. And yes, it was the happiest day of my life. I love him. I love my Victor. I love Victor Stephen.

I got to where Victor stood, facing him. my Dad left and a beautiful smile appeared on his face. My Victor was looking dashing in his black suit. I couldn't help but smile back. Though my veil was covering my entire face, I still managed to. The first hymn was taken, and the pastor began.

"Dear God, we have come together in your presence to witness and celebrate the marriage of Suzy and Victor Stephen, to ask for your blessings on them, and to share in their joy." The pastor went on. I was so eager, and I knew soon Victor and I would say our vow to each other.

"Heavenly father, Suzy James and Victor Stephen come now to be joined together as one. If anyone is against the coming together and may not want these two to be married should show up now, or forever remain silent." The whole congregation was quiet, and I could feel the tension. Of course, no one. I silently prayed.

The pastor repeated three times, and no one showed up.

"Our father..." thank you lord, I muttered to myself as the pastor continued. "We blessed you lord for the life of our daughter, Suzy James. And our son, Victor Stephen. Marriage is given primarily that husband and wife may comfort each other, and help each other. We pray you bless these ones with children they will care for and bring them up in the way of the lord."

"Susan Layomi James, of your own free will, do you take Victor Oladayo Stephen to be your wedded husband?" The pastor popped the question, and a very big smile appeared on my face. Of course, yes.

"I do." The two words slipped out happily and joyfully, bringing a smile to my face again.

"I do." He said in his most sexy and beautiful voice immediately the question was thrown at him also.

"I, Susan Layomi James, I take you Victor Oladayo Stephen, to be my wedded husband. To have and hold you from this day forward. For richer, for poorer. To cherish you in good health, sickness, and be your love, your companion, your friend, your lover, your partner, your comrade in adventure, and be your wife only." I said my vow, and I could see his white teeth flashing at me.

"I, Victor Oladayo Stephen, I take you Suzy Layomi James, to be my wedded wife, my partner and my greatest love." I felt a tear pricked down at the corner of my eye, and I couldn't stop the big smile that appeared on my face immediately. I love you. I love you so much. I wish he could hear that through my heart.

He said his vow and the pastor went on. "Heavenly father, by your blessing, let these rings to Suzy James and Victor Stephen be a symbol of unending love, and faithfulness to remind them of the vow and covenant which they made this day, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."