Twenty one

Praise and worship every Sunday was something Crown school students never missed. It was fun as always. When we got back from church, we took our lunch and everyone washed their church wares. When I heard the costs of the clothes some of them put on, it was enough to feed some people's family for a week. I wish there was a way I could exaggerate that more.

Sitting quietly in my corner, I was practicing how I would talk on stage tomorrow. Monday had been declared free day and everyone was excited about it. Beside me, my phone vibrated telling me I had a message.

'Hey busy?'

It was a message from Victor.
I wish I could go on chatting with him, but I needed to get prepared for the programme. Besides, Mr. Rafael gave me so much work to do.

'Yes, busy.. You might be added to those I will throw questions to.'

I sent back and immediately his reply came in.

'Only you could dare to.. Beep me once you're done.'

A small smile appeared on my face.

'I'm more than ready to dare the mighty Victor. Beep you soon.'
I replied him.

A small smile graced my lips. That boy was always showing off. I picked up my pen and paper. Since yesterday, things had been going on nicely between Victor and I. He managed to keep his distance whenever we were together in groups. I guess it was because of the kiss. He never mentioned anything about it and I also kept quiet about it.

The kiss was unexpected. I never planned on having my first kiss like that. He stole it, but I guess if he had not I would not have agreed. He took me by surprise and I was left to keep blushing through out the whole day.

Victoria was sending an eye to eye question which I was glad she didn't dwell on it much because I guess I wouldn't have been able to answer it. I wanted that to be my little secret. What I was still perplexed about was the relationship between Victor and Daniella.

I felt like I had done something to offend her. I would say I love the fact that she wasn't kissing my face with her fake smiles and energy anymore. Before, she would have managed to send me her fake smiles, but not anymore. I must have provoked her to the extent that she couldn't hide her hatred towards me any longer. Guess the feeling was mutual. I also did not like her. I never liked her at all. And I never will.

I could hear cheerful voices from afar. The voices were moving closer and I wondered what was going on. Has Kunmi arrived? I quickly dropped my pen and paper. As I was getting up, that pretty light voice shouted my name. "Suzy!"

It was our grammarian. Temi hugged me tightly to her body. "Thanks for always calling me. I love you guys so much."

Actually, what are friends for? Some of our major duties as friends is to support ourselves and show love and care.

I laughed at what I was about to say facing Victoria."I want to go home. I just want to go home." I mimicked Temi faking her pretty light voice. Everyone burst into laughter including her.