Chapter thirty seven

Birthday was gone, but I still held on to my phone for an unexpected call which I knew would never come for months.

There was always this new look whenever Crown school students were starting their exams. That sudden seriousness, innocent looks. Everyone was busy reading and serious with their books because of exams.

The school as usual, announced to the ss3 students to prepare for the coming WAEC exams. Every blessed day, the principal himself and the teachers  would encourage us to prepare our mind to learning, reading and make sure we engage in many practicals to get ourselves prepared.

As other classes were excited about going home, the ss3 students were excited about the escortion which was announced that we would be going for. Each year, the school practice it in order to make the ss3 students have some fun after exams. Victor's set also went and I heard a lot about the fun they had.

Though the principal had not announced where we would go, but it was so bad that the ss3 students had nothing else to discuss besides traveling out of the country.

"Escortion things on my mind!"

"cape town!"

Many different places I haven't heard before was mentioned. Finally, when the exam started, all other students were serious apart from the ss3 students. They believe they do not need the result. But when others were free, the head boy and the head girl in Crown school were not just free. I read as much as I could, but I actually read as if I was starting my WAEC exams already.

Dropping my pen somewhere in the bag, exams for the semester was done, and I couldn't wait to find a place and sleep for the rest of the day. You know that feeling when you just finished your exams? You would feel like doing so many things you couldn't do because of the exams. The first thing that came to my mind was eating to my satisfaction and sleeping on my big bed.

"Victoria how was the exams?"

"No baby, New York things on my mind."

I laughed at first before I realised what was going on. "You guys are still on this matter?"

"Manhattan baby, life and direct!" Temi's tiny voice joined the discussion. I bursted into another bundle of laughter. You can't stay around these girls and not laugh away your sorrow. "So, it's all about escortion now?"

"Yes babe." Debbie was not left out as well.

"So, is this your first time of traveling out of the country?" I asked, very curious. For them to to know so many names, they must have been to some places there because it was as if that was where they came from.

Debbie looked at both Temi and Victoria as if asking for permission to talk. Victoria laughed. "Debbie stop looking at me as if I've got someone murdered."

"Cousin, I know you can't." Temi said to Victoria, making Debbie laughed at her reaction.

"Wait, no one is answering my question," I quickly said.

Victoria turned to me." About that, you knew during Victor's set, the jss3 also went out of the country."

Yes, I was aware.

"So, generally in school," Victoria said. "The jss1, jss3, ss1 and the ss3 students always travel out of the country." She explained. "But for my cousins and I, we sometimes go for shopping during the holidays, whether we travelled to school or not."