Chapter thirteen

On a Saturday evening, we had all taken our supper for the day as usual. I decided to take the opportunity to rest because I read through out the day. Almost thirty minutes, I was fast asleep on my bed, I shifted at the sound of someone I heard. I couldn't hear what the person was saying, until I felt someone tapped me.

"Suzy wake up. Time for social night." It was Temi.

I turned to the other side because I was enjoying my sleep. I wasn't ready to be at the social night early.

"Suzy, you said you wanted to rest. Don't let the prefect report you to the house master."

Mehn!!! At the hearing of the house master, I didn't know how I got up so fast, but I found myself already sitting on the bed. That man ehnnn! I wish to know his business with the girls here. I wouldn't want him to use me to renovate the school. Once he caught anyone, or you were reported to him, he would ask you to pick a room and start cleaning the surroundings. That would be your way of renovating the hostel. I hissed out, angry at the man for plenty things. "God! I'm so tired Temi. I don't feel like going. I just want to rest."

Temi sighed and shook her head. "If you're the type that sleep a lot, would say it's your hobby, but this is unusual of you," she said. "Anyways, let's get going." She tried her best to push me up. One thing I like about Temi, she doesn't joke with the school activities. She loved to participate in every competition she can. She would always tell Debbie who never loved to take part in anything to always give things a try. She would say, 'be useful for the school. That way, you're helping yourself. You're building something for yourself. They can one day recommend you. Have your back, or be a miracle you will need someday. Not always the school, but someone. You might not see it now, but you're helping yourself somehow'.

Have I ever said, whenever I heard her speak, I fell in love with her over and over again. Her intonation was quite something. Beautiful to listen to. She was brilliant herself and does her things classy all the time. From the day I met her, I've admired her. Not because she had a slim body like models, but because she was always speaking with much confidence and would always mind her business.

I took a look at Kunmi in her corner, she was there reading and before I knew it, Debbie's voice echoed inside the room. "Social night! Social night! It's eight o'clock guys." She announced.

"And how come is Suzy never ready tonight." It was Victoria's voice. She walked into my corner, sitting on my bed.

"She has been sleeping all day and she refused to get up." It was Temi who reporting me and I almost shouted.

Ahhhhh!!!

All day khe!

What type of figure of speech would I call that?

Hyperbole.

"Temi, it's not even up to thirty minutes, and you said 'all day'."

"Oh, I said that." She smiled.

"It's okay, you guys should just change your clothes." Victoria quickly changed the discussion before we could start any argument. I changed into something else while Kunmi also changed her dress as well. We all walked out of the room together, gisting and laughing on our way to the hall. When we got there, almost everyone was already on their seats. The chairs had been scattered as everyone wanted their seats at the front to watch clearly. We were able to see some vacant chairs, and immediately we took our seats. As usual, the other seats were taken by our regular disturbance. Festus is the gentle one though.