Chapter six

Surprise!!!!!

I couldn't sleep just to make sure you receive my Christmas gift.

Happy Boxing Day💃💃🎅🎅🎉🎊

Enjoy!

About four weeks into the term, the time table was pasted and I knew I had to start reading if I didn't want to disappoint Dad. 

It was on a Friday, I was in my room, sitting alone on a chair inside my corner. It had rain that day, making everywhere so cool and quiet. I took a look at the time table and brought out the subjects we were to be having on the first day. As usual, my side partner, Temi was with another English textbook, and as expected, beside her was her English dictionary to check the meaning of the words she does not know. Though Kunmi told me she read other subjects as well, but for me, I haven't seen Temi read a different subject except from English.

One of the things that made me envy her was her intonation. She had a very good and pretty voice. Her intonation sounded really good everytime she talked. I stared at someone else who seemed to be more busy, but she was always like that. I looked away telling myself I had to read. Every Friday duty when back from school, all Benedicta could do was press her phone, chat and always ready to share with us the latest news about Nigerian celebrities and the hot guys she met on Facebook with us.

I noticed the ss3 students were not reading, saying the exam was just mere classwork to them. I couldn't blame them because soon they were starting their WAEC (West Africa Examination Council) and would leave the school for good. My phone beeped, telling me a message just came in. I picked up my phone and opened the message.

"The only fine girl in Crown School, How are you?"

A quick smile formed on my lips as I quickly replied his message.

"It's cold here, I'm freezing."

I smiled at myself as I sent the message. I wasn't sure, but I knew I enjoyed chatting with him a lot. I  realised anything attached to him made me smile and I had become naughty myself.

Suzy, what's going on? A voice in my head asked, but I really could not answer that. I wish I knew but this was getting out of hands. I enjoyed his company anytime he was around, but his only mission was to tease me anytime we saw. My phone beeped interrupting my thoughts. I quickly opened to read.

"Spend one minute in hot water and you will feel better. What do you think? Sorry babe."

I tried to hold my laughter but soon I was laughing all alone in my corner getting my room mates attention unintentionally. They looked away when they saw that I wasn't even affected by their looks. I punched on my phone alphabets replying his message instantly.

"Be happy you won't spend the rest of your life in prison, because my Dad would personally chop (cut) off your head for killing her daughter."