Chapter thirty five

Escaping all the duties and finally free, I walked very fast towards the library. The day after the literary and debate, I was surprised to have gotten a gift from the principal and my favourite English teacher. I never knew I could anchor the programme so well, but I appreciate the fact that they showed appreciation. That wasn't necessary because it was part of the learning. But they did it.

I was about entering the library when I heard my phone vibrated from my pocket. Instead of stopping, I walked in straight to my corner where I enjoyed sitting. I comfortably sat down and brought out the phone. I dropped my textbook and concentrated on my phone. I unlocked to read the message that came in.

'Let's do it in a crazy way that she is... Happy birthday in advance.
That pretty girl is about to clock sixteen'.

Somehow, a smile graced my lips. That person succeeded to make me smile. But when I checked the sender, it was from an Unknown caller. No number to trace the person who sent the message.

Why hide the number?

I cracked my brain to think of who could have sent something like that. Truly it was a crazy idea for someone trying to hide the number. The only person that came to my mind was Mercy. She was capable of doing something like that. I picked up my tab instead and dialed her number.

She picked up very quickly. "Suzy you remember me today," was the first sentence that greeted me, pretending like she didn't just send me a message.

Remember what!

Trying to form for who?

But then, she sounded serious getting me worried with those two words.

Remember....  Today..

"Wait Mercy.. Are you not the one that just sent a crazy message to me now?"

"Hmm... Crazy message," she teased. "Your admirers are so loyal to start sending you birthday messages at this time... And not just a normal one, but a crazy one.. Hmmm," she whined.

I chuckled lightly so as not to make so much noise because I was in the library. "Mercy, you're not alright. But I'm being serious here. Did you send the message?"

She laughed. "Suzy.. Suzy," she teased, and stopped laughing. "I did not send a message to you please."

I still could not believe her. "Mercy are you sure?"

"Very sure," she replied, sounding a lot more serious. "Now let me allow you to go look for your secret admirer." She ended the call.

I went over the message again and again. There was something about the message that made me smile when I read it. May be because of the crazy added to it. Something like, 'Crazy Suzy'. But I couldn't think of a person who could have sent it. Was still battling to know the sender when another one came in.

'No word can express...
But my heart can tell how much you really mean.
That smile... Like that of a new born baby
That laughter... Full of life, fun and beautiful
So much I love... So much I cherish about her.
Awwn... What a cute romantic message she's reading...'