Chapter sixteen

Getting back to Abuja was of no stress to me because I enjoyed my time chatting with the girls. I knew Dad often wondered what I was pressing on my phone, but he chose not to talk, and I was happy, taking the advantage to charge my phone in his car once the battery was low.

I collected my result this time around. I expected Dad to ask for it first at school, but he didn't. I was so eager to show him, though I knew Dad would surely ask , but for a week, Dad didn't ask for my result. I showed Mom myself and she was very delightful.

Her smile when she saw my result made me so proud. The joy was clearly shown in her eyes. Happiness of being a proud mother was displayed that day. One of the things I cherished about Mom was, she was very appreciative. And when you make her happy, she would do all she can to reward you back.

That evening, Mom prepared my favourite food which I gladly ate. The toast bread was hot and the tea was hot as well. I ate everything and  enjoyed it hot at once. I trusted Mom to have told Dad but he kept quiet.
I enjoyed the whole week to myself, browsing, watching movies, and reading my new novels I bought from school book shop.

Sitting across Mom on the dinning table, I took the last spoon of the rice and stew Mom prepared. She raised her voice to speak. "Suzy are you okay with that? I left small for you if you would like to eat more," she said. She knew her daughter could eat, but that was what sister Blessing don't do. She doesn't eat much, but when it comes to sugary and junks, she could do anything for it.

"No Mom, I'm okay." I replied her. Truly I was full. She served me enough and I drank my water to step it down. Immediately I was about to stand up, Dad called me back.

"Suzy."

"Yes Daddy."

"Hmm," he cleared his throat. "I want you to listen attentively. I've actually checked your result at school. I saw you did well and that's why I didn't bother asking for your result again. Dad is very proud of you." He said, and I smiled.

Daddy, daddy..

"Thank you Daddy." I was happy to hear that from him, smiling again.

"You should thank Mr. John and Uncle Abbey for taking their time to take you."

Hmm.. Not again.

I don't trust him when he mentions those two names.

When I heard him mentioned physics and further maths teachers names, I knew something was coming up.

"I'm very sure you've enjoyed yourself throughout this one week? And as a good student, you know it's time to start getting ready for next term."

Ahh!

What I've been waiting for!

Not again!

Was actually wondering if my Dad was replaced.

I really can't help thinking that way.

"Suzy." I heard him call.

"Sir!" I quickly looked up.

"Is your mind here with me?"

"Yes Dad."