Chapter thirty nine

Immediately Mr. Rafael dropped the microphone, the DJ began his work. The celebrants of the day didn't waste any time to get on their feet, dancing to the beat.

"Congratulations Suzy." Debbie attacked me before anyone else could.

"Thank you," I said. We could hear ourselves because the music wasn't that loud.

"I'm so proud of you Suzy." Kunmi's voice reached out to me. She was almost in tears. I already knew why she was crying. Her Dad was not present and I knew that got her very bad. "Hey," I whispered into her ear "Don't forget he's happy for you right now. We did it Kunmi. You did not disappoint him because you did really well. So you better stop crying now."

She raised her head and faced me before she finally managed to smile. "Thank you Suzy. I love you so much. I will really really miss you. Wish we could go to the same university, live together and never leave each other alone."

Awwn...

I wish for that too....but this life?

I wanted to cry because it was so emotional. But I managed to smile instead. "I will miss you so much," she said again. "I'm so happy for you over the new scholarship again. You always make me wonder what type of special brain you have in there." She tapped my head. The girls laughed at Kunmi before she finally released me. Temi was all smiling, with no single tear dropping. She hugged me. "Congratulations dear. I want you to know I admire you and I sometimes really wish to be like you."

That got me laughing.

Everyone was confessing.

To my greatest surprise, Victoria's eyes were already welled up with tears. "Victoria, you also want to cry?"

"Because I'm going to miss you," she said. "Guess you won't miss us then."

I laughed. "You guys should know that I will miss you the most. And I guess have cried so much today."

Victoria smiled. "Lol, congratulations on your new scholarship again. I can't believe I really adore you this much," she said and I smiled. "I do too. I did expect seeing a brat and lazy girl, but you proved me wrong."

Victoria wasn't crying anymore. Already smiling. "Really! Aww.. Not all rich girls are like that. Will miss you."

"You guys should enjoy the music. No one is leaving now." Rose came out of one corner and hugged me. "Congratulations pretty. Now everyone have fun for now," she told us in a commanding way like it was an obligatory thing to do. Immediately, everyone's mind was back to the music.

We joined the ss3 students as they sang along with the artiste.

'We don graduate! Godwin!' The ss3 chorused and I laughed.

As we dey go our house, na Godwin o, na Godwin o!

Everyone was having fun doing the remix of Korede Bello's song.

I couldn't contain my laughter. It was a different fun entirely. As the next song blasted through the speakers in the hall, Victoria screamed. It was her best song. She loved the song so much, and you also couldn't help but fall for the song.

Joromi.. Joromi..
I want you to love me..
Joromi baby..
Joromi Joro.