Chapter Fourty five

I washed and cleaned myself up.
I shared the cake with everyone and it was the jollof rice we ate before Mom finally cooked dinner. When sister Blessing saw Mercy, she was happy and welcomed her well. I knew in my mind that Mercy was saying,

This aunty has come again.

Haha..

Me. Story for the gods

Her own will be how I ran back to Lagos.

We both went to the dinning table after we had consumed everything she brought. I was not that hungry, so I decided to just take small out of the rice and beans mom cooked. I used my spoon to slice the fish apart, eating quietly.

"Mercy, we are so happy to see you," Dad's voice silenced everyone talking on the table. "We are so happy to have you. You're welcome, and I hope you're already having fun." Mercy bowed instead, eating her food. "Hope you came with your books?"

Gbagaun!! Gbagaun!!

I heard the bell

I saw her look

Haha...

Papa James for life.

You have entered this one Mercy.

I could hear Mercy's heart beating.. Books for where? Is at home. Mercy and I exchanged looks. She was calm, silent, nodding her head instead. I suppressed my smile. May be Dad wanted to ask if Mercy came with her chocolates?

Should I tell him he made a mistake?

"I was informed you want to take a nursing form?" Dad asked Mercy.

"Yes sir," she finally opened her mouth.

"That's good," Dad said. "You should study together with Suzy then."

What now?

I just knew I didn't have another father anywhere except from my father in heaven who created me. If I should later find out the truth, I would run with my two legs and join my two hands.

Suzy, you turn to dog niyen?

Haha... Noooo.

"Are you even listening?" A very hard voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Suzy, Dad is talking to you." Sister Blessing would definitely interfere.

"I don't know what you're thinking about?" That voice changed. It changed to that tone I never liked to hear. He dropped his spoon. "I'm telling you how you will prepare for your coming GCE."

Gbagaun!!

Somebody wake me up.

The eyes I raised wasn't nice at all.

Did that man just say GCE exams?