Chapter Fourty four

I was bored and there was nothing I could do. Sister Blessing was yet to come back, so I decided to go out and have some fun. I took permission from mom and went to Bisola's house. When I got to their flat, I knocked on the door twice before the door was finally opened. Bisola looked at me as if she saw a ghost. Her mouth gaped open and she screamed before she wrapped her two arms around me.

"Suzy it's you. Did your Mom told you I asked of you last Sunday in church?" She beamed happily.

I just nodded. I couldn't remember Mom telling me Bisola asked of me.

"Come in, come in.." she ushered me in, gesturing with her two hands for me to sit. "You really just forgot about us like that."

I sat on a single settee, taking a quick glance at their living room. I made sure to remove my sandals not to step on the shinning red rug. Been a long time I visited. A lot had really changed. Their living room looked much more beautiful and very much expensive than the last time I came here. Looking down at the table beside the settee I was sitting, Bisola had brought a bottle of coca-cola and a bottle of chin chin for me.

"This is too much," I teased her and I saw her smiled. "Is Mom not around?" I asked.

"Yes," she said. "She travelled yesterday. But my big sis and brothers are around." She picked up their Dstv remote and changed it to my favourite, telemundo.

Aww...

I found myself smiling. Childhood friends know so much about you that they can't forget it all if truly they love you.

"Guess you're already missing Crown school," she winked.

I laughed. She was right though. I missed Crown school so much. The fun, the debate, the girls, and the food especially.

Suzy, Suzy..

I laughed at myself.

But that was the truth. I missed the food and the girls especially. "I miss a lot," I told her. "I can't say a particular thing is what I miss."

Liar!

"Hmm.. Are you telling the truth?" Bisola teased me.

I laughed because I knew I lied, but how did she know?

"You are not talking about their food. I know you very well Suzy," she said.

I laughed so hard.

"Bisola! Is just the normal food I eat at home."

"So you eat fried rice, jollof rice, salad, chicken, spaghetti, and  those tantalizing food at the same time almost every day at home."

Haha...

I could not control that laughter.

Where did she get that from?

"Don't you know Google will tell us everything."

"Really," I chuckled. "Can't believe you took your time to do all that. Well. To be honest, I miss the food, but-"

"Now you're talking," she cut me off.

Like seriously, Bisola was good at getting to the bottom of everything. "But they cook it all together because not everyone would feel like eating fried rice. So instead of cooking just one food, they go ahead to cook like three different food to please everyone." I told her.