Chapter Fifty three

I was at work, but my mind was not there. Now that Victor had been moved to the intensive care unit, I knew I would be able to see him. I was finally free for the day, waiting for Doctor Ahmed to take up the afternoon duty. I heard a knock on my door. "Yes, come in."

It was one of my colleagues, Doctor Sandra. "Hey, you've not been doing well these days," she said, but I just brushed it off. Something caught my attention.

"Please pass me that newspaper with you."

She gave it to me and I realised she was with two. I turned the first paper to the page of the most shocking and bad news I still had not gotten over.
I confirmed what I saw. The son of  Stephen Enterprise involved in an accident. They went on describing the scene and I quickly pushed it aside the moment I felt my two eyes teary again.

"Oh!" Doctor Sandra said. "You also knew about the incident?" She was asking me. "That guy is too handsome to die young. He was just given the post of President last year in his Dad's company. It was through my cousin, Kunmi who went to that popular school.. Something like... I think Crown school.."

Did I just hear Kunmi!

Kunmi related to Sandra

I took another good look at her to see any resemblance, but couldn't find one. But she just said Kunmi was her cousin!

"Did you just say you have a cousin bearing Kunmi?"

She nodded. I still couldn't believe it. Had been working in this hospital for months and there was actually someone who knew about my long time friend. Actually, she was under a senior Doctor still learning and had not fully become a doctor. But as always, we refer everyone as Doctor including her other colleagues. Though, that didn't stop us from having a little chat. She just never mentioned about her family.

"You two are one dope doctors I want to be like by the time I fully become a doctor. Especially you, I envy you so much. Very good, beautiful and brilliant. My cousin also has a friend bearing your name. But that Suzy is one fat girl the way she described her." She demonstrated with her hands and I was just watching knowing she was referring to me.

"But I still wish to meet her. The way Kunmi talks about her makes me admire her so much, and wish someday I would meet her. The love Kunmi has for her is not from here." She was sincere and looked really determined to meet the Suzy her cousin cherished a lot.

"Kunmi said she was the best student during their set. And you know, for someone to be more brilliant than Kunmi in calculations, I bow for that girl wherever she is because she must be extremely brilliant. I know I can't stand beside Kunmi. But for Kunmi to have someone who competed with her as well, and even more brillant than her... It's something else my sister. Because Kunmi herself is fire!"

I was finally able to struggle out a small smile after three days of being moody and unhappy. She actually liked talking, but it was really funny talking about the same person she was sitting with without knowing. I was enjoying it. Actually good when you know what people think about you sometimes.

She continued. "She would have made it really big and gone so far in her career. Her brain alone is an advantage."

"Wow!" I said, ready to put an end to the mystery she was not even aware of. "Guess you don't know her surname."