The wrong words

Maul had piloted the ship long enough to notice that not only had the Jedi's broke the chase, but Kenobi had also fell asleep. He looked back at Kenobi and signed. He saw the Jedi twitch in his sleep, but it was obvious his dream wasn't a good one.
"You should comfort him, brother." Savage said and Maul looked at him through the corner of his eyes.
"You may not see it yet, apprentice, but he would rather stay as far away from me as possible. The last time we've seen each other was ten years ago, and that when his master came and took my legs and left me there with no medical supplies. All Kenobi did was look at me than he left me for dead."
"I could tell that you and Kenobi had a rough past, but he is your mate, brother. You both have to forgive and forget the past other wise it'll drive both of you insane." Savage said and they heard Kenobi whine in his sleep and Maul looked at him and noticed the tear stains on his cheeks. "Your mate needs you brother, as I said before don't break something you know you can't fix. But I know you can fix this!"
Maul turned back to the controls and took it off of auto-pilot and headed for the closet inhabited planet for them to land and rest.
"I know it's unlike you brother to be gentle, but your mate needs you to be that so things between the both of you can mend."
"That's enough apprentice..." Maul said and Savage stopped talking. "I understand what you are saying, but it is more difficult to do. It would be easier if I didn't do to what I did to him. But I can not go back to the past to change that. Being compassionate and caring was something beaten out of me long ago by my master and being caring and compassionate is not something I look to see myself in the future. Kenobi is important to me, apprentice, but we still have a vision. My vision and I do not plan to give it up for a Jedi."
Savage stayed quiet after that knowing that was the end and that there was no way in the current moment to change his brothers mind.

Maul landed the ship in a city. He put his cloak on and looked around the city from the open door.
"We will need supplies and a new ship apprentice, but for now, I want you to take Kenobi to the nearest inn. 3 beds. I do not want Kenobi to feel uncomfortable. I will be getting food and will meet you at the inn." Maul said
Savage carefully picked up Kenobi and walked off of the ship heading in a different direction than his brother. The street were crowded with many ships and species. Following his brothers order he found the closest inn.
Savage felt a bit awkward ordering the room for the three of them while Kenobi slept in his arms.
"Oh, I'm sorry all of the rooms with three beds are taken and we only have one two bed room left." The innkeeper said
Savage groaned to himself in frustration and because Kenobi tried shifting in his arms "Alright we'll take that room." Savage helped Kenobi shift  in his arms as he put a bag of credit onto the counter. "My brother will be here soon,"
"I'll show him the room sir." The innkeeper finished and Savage nodded a thank you and took the key. He walked to the room. Setting Kenobi down on one of the two beds and walked over to the window. He looked out of it than closed it for Kenobi's comfort, but he heard the Jedi groan. He looked over at him thinking he woke up, but he saw Kenobi's hand clutched to his chest. The force pull, Savage guessed sitting in the other bed and started taking off his armor. He saw the Jedi open his eyes and look around.
"Maul?" Kenobi asked out loud looking around with blurry eyes and he rubbed them clear to only find Savage. "Savage?"
Savage silently kept removing the rest of his armor.
Kenobi somehow felt the need to look away from the bigger Zabrak. "Uh, so I guess we've landed."
"Yes, we have." Was all Savage said to answer.
"Which planet?"
"Not sure Maul chose it. I don't question my brother's decisions." Savage kept his answers short for some reason unknown to Obi-wan.
Obi-wan laughed. "Well, you sure questioned him about how he treated me."
"One is to rarely punish their mate in such ways. I know little about mates only by what I've seen in my village is what I know." Savage explained "My brother though, I do not think he knows."
"Well people are taken at a young age to train." Obi-wan said looking back at Savage to see him topless. He couldn't help but stare at the tattoos on his body. "Your marking are different than Mauls, I read that siblings are suppose to have some what similar markings."
"My brothers master changed his markings. The process in getting the markings is gradual, but I  don't my brothers master was merciful." Savage explained
"The Sith are never merciful all of them are cruel." Obi-wan commented
"Count Dooku was my master and he was a Sith, which makes me a Sith. So am I cruel and merciless?" Savage asked
"Well... no, you're not besides you're no longer with the Sith." Obi-wan tried explaining
"What about my brother? He is not longer with the Sith, so is he not cruel? Is he merciful?" Savage asked
Obi-wan scoffed and stood up. "Maul? Merciful? Kind? You have to be kidding Savage! Do you not remember what you and Maul did to me in the Cargo ship?! You both threw me around like I was just some trash!"
Savage wanted to argue back and say that he didn't know that he was Maul's mate, but he knew the Jedi wouldn't allow it. Obi-wan pulled the side of his collar down showing the scar to Savage.
"When Maul did this, what happened when he did it and the reason for it, is why I will never forgive him. He could have done other things, but what he did I will never forget and my friends won't forgive him either. He was cruel and merciless and did not bother to think about what was important to me and he still isn't thinking that way. If he did love me, if he wanted me to be happy like a true mate should he would have left me alone. He wouldn't have taken me away from my friends. What he did to me 10 years ago still is fresh in my mind and there is nothing he can do change that. Maul wants to own me. Not love me, not want me, not anything. I am just some prize to him." Obi-wan laughed to himself and Savage looked at the door and Obi-wan didn't see it.
"You, Savage, would have been a better mate." Obi-wan said and didn't notice Savage moving to the other side of the room furthest from the door slowly staying as close as he could to the wall.
"I would rather be your mate than Maul, you have more sense of when to-" Obi-wan's voice faded when Maul made himself present in the room. Obi-wan felt his heart sink when he felt Maul's rage.
Obi-wan looked at Maul full of fear. "M-Maul, I "
"You've said enough." Maul hissed gripping a bag of food and supplies that they needed and looked at Savage with a glare that could kill than growled. "Traitor." He turned his back to them. "If my brother is such a better mate than take him Kenobi." Maul hissed as it took every ounce of his self control not to lash out and hurt them. He marched out of the room.
"Brother! Wait!" Savage started to go after him than looked at Obi-wan "Stay here, I'll be back with him soon." Savage left the room and Kenobi heard a click from the low grade door signaling that it was locked.

To all force wielders a locked door was a suggestion to stay in. Kenobi was in such a state of shock, he didn't know if it was his own shock or if he was just feeling Maul's. Kenobi was just speaking out of the rage he was in from being taken to say all of that. He looked at the door. Now was his chance to leave, but there was a place in him that wanted to stay and apologize to Maul and somehow make it up to him. He stood up and walked over to the door.

Maul ran through the crowded street filled will anger, hatred, sadness and betrayal. He was going to make it up to Kenobi somehow, but now his mate would rather have his own brother. He needed to get away from them quicker, he could hear Savage getting closer and by the feeling in his chest Kenobi was still in the inn. He saw an alien on a parked speeder, he knocked the alien off and sped away. He needed to go somewhere to stay away from Savage and Kenobi for some time.
How could this truly happen to him? His own brother, his most loyal apprentice, stealing his mate from him. They would pay for their betrayal. Kenobi would pay dearly for what he said and Maul knew the exact way to do it.