Reality or dream?

It's been three months since Obi-wan's and Savage's death. Maul still seems saddened by the fact that when he doesn't pay attention he'll still tries to talk to them and scorn them like they did something wrong only to find out that they weren't there. Mother Talzin could see the sadness in his eyes whenever it happened. She told him to take a break from training and go out somewhere to relax for a few rotations.
Maul wanted to argue with her saying that he was fine, but the moment he opened his mouth to protest she quickly put him in the ship and sent to the outer rim of the galaxy. Maul didn't have many choices since all of the planets that were controlled by the Republic and Separatist were now controlled by the empire. Maul tried to think of the neutral planets he knows of.
"No, Mandalore would never allow me to stay there, Ken-" Maul cut himself off as he looked over his shoulder at an empty space. He swore he heard Obi-wan's voice. He snarled at the empty space as if he could ward his thoughts away.
/Tatooine?/ Maul asked himself, those were the last two planets not in the outer rim that weren't taken over by the Empire.
/Tatooine.../ Maul echoed in his head as he looked back at the planetary map hologram he had unconsciously pulled up that showed Tatooine.
/The place I first sensed Obi-wan and fought Qui-gon.../ Maul closed the hologram and sat back in the seat. The memory replayed in his head and he shook his head he set his ship to the pirate planet. He was sure even with his history those pirates would allow him to stay on their planet peacefully. Putting the ship on autopilot, he stood up and walked back to the beds. He wanted to relax, but not away from his home planet. When his mother told him that he needed to relax, he thought a few rotations at the hot springs on Dathomir would be nice, but Mother Talzin threatened to send a Nightsister or Feral with him. The last thing Maul wanted to do right now was to look after someone. After what happened on Corusant, Maul didn't think he ever want to be responsible for someone else. There was already too much blood on his hands and not even the oceans on all the planets in the galaxy could wash his hands away clean. They would only be stained more.
Relaxing on the bed, Maul cleared his mind for the first time as he laid down. His head had felt fuzzy for some reason. He felt like he was some where hot and the rays of the sun beat down on him. He had heard the cries of a young child. Maul giving up on clearing his head, he sat up and leaned against the wall. Why did he hear a child? What was the force trying to tell him? 
He rubbed his face, sighing he just wanted some sleep now. He got off of his bed and walked back to the controls. He sat down and stared out into space. He counted the stars as he passed them. His eyes began to droop after the number got somewhere above 450. He finally fell asleep after he counted the 501st star.

Maul was quickly waked by a soft alarm. When he opened his eyes to find that he wasn't in the pilot seat. He was in the bed. He groaned rubbing his head as he sat up hearing a click and the alarm go off.
"Oh, sorry Maul did that wake you? We just need to stop for some fuel." A hauntingly familiar voice asked from the co-pilot seat.
"We are about to land to refuel." Another familiar voice spoke as Maul quickly opened his eyes shocked, his arms shook as they held him up.
"Maul?" Obi-wan stood up from the seat and walked over to the Zabrak who had a tear rolling down his face. He sat on the bed next to Maul and place a hand on one of Maul's. Maul quickly snatched his hand away and moved to the other side of the bed, his body shook as he tried to understand what was happening.
"Maul, are you ok? Did you have some kind of nightmare?" Obi-wan joked as he moved closer to Maul and he pulled his legs as close as he could to his chest.
"K... Kenobi?" Maul choked out from his dry throat.
"Brother? Are you alright?" Savage said as he walked back to them.
"Savage! Y... you're alive! You're both alive!" Maul said as another tear escaped from his eye.
"Of course we're alive, Maul." Obi-wan said as he moved next to Maul. Maul looked at Obi-wan, he could feel his warm skin lean against his own.
"Brother, are you crying?" Savage asked and Maul snarled as he quickly got off of the bed.
"No! There is no way you both can be alive! I watched both of you be killed!" Maul backed up as far as he could as he snarled defensively at them. He couldn't help as his body shook. What was he looking at there was no way in Maul's mind they could be alive.
"Maul, relax." Obi-wan said as he slowly moved closer to the frightened Zabrak.
"It was all just a bad dream." Obi-wan said softly as he placed a hand on one of Maul's cheeks. In the close distance, Maul noticed Obi-wan's clothes cover his neck. Maul snarled and grabbed Obi-wan's robes. He turned and pushed Obi-wan against the wall and pulled down the collar of the Jedi's robes to show the scar of the bite Maul gave him.
"Brother what are you doing?" Savage asked surprised as Maul just stared into Obi-wan's shocked eyes.
"This scar on your neck. When and how did it happen?" Maul asked as a hand softly felt the soft and tender skin.
"Maul, what's wrong with you?" Obi-wan asked as he held Maul's arms.
"Answer my question Kenobi!" Maul snarled as he lightly pressed his claws into the Jedi's neck.
"Brother, please calm down!" Savage said wanting the outburst to stop.
"You gave it to me when I was a padawan, Maul. You had captured and... tortured me." Obi-wan answered and Maul released his shirt, feeling the warm skin that he realized that he missed. His eyes fell watching his hand caress the Jedi's flesh.
"And what happened when Sidious attacked the temple?" Maul asked quietly avoiding the Jedi's eyes.
"I was wounded and you and Savage took me on a ship above Corusant's atmosphere and I was healed. We had left and killed Anakin." Obi-wan responded to Maul.
"No... you were killed there... those clones had killed you..." Maul said letting his head fall and rest on the Jedi's shoulder.
"They killed you and Sidious had killed Savage." Maul choked out trying to fight the tears.
"It was just a nightmare Maul." Obi-wan sighed as he wrapped his arm around the red Zabrak.
"Only Sidious and Anakin were killed that day, my love." Obi-wan said and laid a gentle kiss on Maul's head. Maul joined the Jedi's embrace and he laughed happily.
"You're alive! Everyone is alive!" Maul laughed with his head buried into the Jedi's shoulder. He relaxed as he breathed in Obi-wan's scent. The smell that haunted him since the day they first battled. Before he knew it he was sitting back on the bed and Savage wasn't on the ship.
Maul felt tired after that emotional outburst. He laid down on the bed and Obi-wan laid next to him looking at him. Obi-wan heard the comm alert go off and he went to go and answer it until Maul grabbed his arm.
"Just relax Maul, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just going to answer the call." Obi-wan looked at Maul and place a hand on the Sith's cheek rubbing it with his thumb.
"It can wait Kenobi, stay with me. The galaxy can wait." Maul said softly as he leaned his head into the Jedi's hand.
"Alright Maul." Obi-wan laid back down next to Maul. The Zabrak looked at Obi-wan silently until he fell asleep.

Maul woke up to an alarm and he groaned his head feeling light. He looked around with blurred eyes. He rubbed them as he straightens himself up in the chair.
"Kenobi?" Maul looked around and he realized he was alone in the ship as he sat in the pilot chair. He sighed as he flicked a switch that turned off the alarm. He started his descent onto the pirate planet as he sunk into the seat and growled at himself as he realized that it was just a dream and what was happening wasn't a nightmare. There is no such thing as a nightmare because that's all really reality is.