Mother knows best

Maul sat at the edge of the training field, he was near one of the cool trees. Unconsciously, he leaned back to the tree and jumped feeling the cold bark against his back. He shifted away from the tree and decided to meditate. As he tried concentrating he could hear the Nightsisters walk slowly by him. He could feel their eyes, it burned into his skin. Not of judgement, but of sadness. They had gotten word from Mother Talzin not to bother him. They didn't know what it felt like to lose someone that they loved. Sure they had mates, but Mother Talzin's rules were to find a mate, produce a child and your mate would be your servant until the day they died. Mother Talzin left them with no room in their lives to be able to love anyone and now the Nightsister's knew why.
Maul snarled as he couldn't concentrate, he couldn't clear his mind of that day. He had lost so much in one rotation, Kenobi and Savage. He had felt so much rage and anger build up inside that he looked around for a way to release it. Sparring was no longer an option, he had tried sparring with Feral, but his youngest brother lacked technique and he was too angry with Savage's death. Both of them had gotten caught up in the fight they forgot who they were fighting and Maul ended up breaking Feral's shoulder.
He had already destroyed the battle droids, Grievous had left on the planet, he put together them together and destroyed them so much that there was nothing to repair. Maul stood up and started walking. He had gotten lost in his thoughts as he walked and the moment he was pulled back into reality he saw that he was standing in front of the infirmary. He looked in through the doorway and stood there silent as a shadow. One bed caught Maul's eyes. The bed was empty and fixed neatly. As Maul watched the bed, he swore he saw Obi-wan laying on it, like he did when he was sick because of Maul's killings.
Maul growled and stomped away from the building. He couldn't stop thinking about the moment when Obi-wan woke up from the sickness and the first thing they did was fight. As he was walking he saw that he was walking to the docking area not too far from the village. As he looked at it from a distance he saw a faded figure of Ventress running out of the woods with Obi-wan in a force hold as she ran to one of the ships.
Maul shook his head and turned away from the docking area. He wanted these memories gone and no matter where he looked he only saw ghosts of the past. He snarled at his memories and just walked to his room, keeping his head down so no memories threatened to show themselves again.
Once he was in his room, he couldn't hold his anger in. He grabbed the small table near his bed and tossed it to the other side shattering it into small pieces. He took everything in his room and destroyed it. Once everything was demolished, he saw something silver shine on the floor. Still high on rage, he stomped over to it and picked it up. It was Obi-wan's lightsaber. He only thing of Obi-wan he was able to take with him back to Dathomir. He stared at the object clutching it tightly in his hand. He wanted to go back to the temple he wished he had died there instead of Obi-wan. He chuckled sad and softly as he knew Obi-wan would say he do it again if it saved Maul.
Maul sat down where his bed was, he was silent as he sat there until he heard someone knock on the door. Maul growled placing the blue lightsaber down and he stood up.
"Who is it?!" He snarled before walking to his door.
"Mother Talzin requires your presence in the training grounds." A Nightsister called into the room without daring to enter the room. Maul snarled as he picked the only lightsaber up and placed it on his belt next to his. He was confused at why his mother would summon him to the training grounds. He left his room with a glowered expression on. He just wanted to be alone and he was itching for a fight.

Once he reached the training grounds he saw that it was completely empty except for the old witch that stood in the middle of the field.
"Mother? What is that about?" Maul snarled softly at her agitated.
"You need to calm yourself my son." Mother Talzin spoke calmly not offended by her son's aggression.
"You can't let your pain and anger control you. You must not let it build inside of you." Mother Talzin waved a hand around and a green fog rolled in and formed into creatures that took shape of Nightsisters that held weapons of all kinds.
"Now, my son, I want you to fight. Release your anger." Mother Talzin said backing up into the crowd of ghost Nightsisters.
"I don't want to fight Mother." Maul said watching where she was.
"You may not want to fight, but they do." Mother Talzin voice echoed as the ghostly Nightsisters charged at Maul. He dodged their attacks and after a while they halted there movements.
"I don't want to fight anyone mother!" Maul shouted
"Kenobi is no longer here my son." Mother Talzin calls to him and Maul snarls at her.
"He may not be here, but I will carry his wish to be peaceful."
"You've sparred with your brother why not with a few ghosts?" Mother Talzin asked
"I do not wish to fight you or anyone else here mother. I have a thirst for other blood." Maul says looking around looking for his mother.
"Than, you must train my son." Talzin walks up next to him through the ghostly Nightsisters.
"Your upcoming battles require more than lighting, your dark side powers and your rage. It will require much more. Let me train you, my son, and I will help you to victory to your revenge." Mother Talzin offered him and Maul placed a hand on the Jedi's lightsaber.
"This new empire will pay for the pain they costed us, my son." Talzin's voice echoed as she saw the spark of revenge in her son's eyes. For everything the empire had done to them, they would finally pay.