Relaxation

Obi-wan watched as the Sith mindlessly walked through the dense forest. Obi-wan walked next to Maul repeating the Sith Lord's name trying to get his attention, but Maul just kept walking. The Jedi scoffed in disbelief and just kept walking. The journey back to the ship was silent. Feral and Ahsoka felt uncomfortable with this silent tension.
Once they were back to the ship Obi-wan headed off to one of the few rooms that branched off of the cockpit as Ahsoka went below the deck to repair the ship. Maul sat in the pilot's seat still thinking. Feral stood next to his brother and nudged him out of his thoughts.
"What do you want Feral?" Maul hissed
"Kenobi was trying to talk to you and you completed ignored him. What's wrong?" Feral asked sitting in the copilot seat.
"I was thinking." Maul started looking out the window thinking as he spoke.
"When we were in the village I thought I saw a battle happening, but I couldn't recognize anyone fighting except for Kenobi and his old master Qui-gon. I felt... Afraid." Maul's voice wandered away leaving his explanation there.
"I'm sure it was nothing Maul. You and Kenobi have had it rough. Go rest, I'll wake you when Tano is done with the repairs." Feral comforted Maul and the Sith stood up.
"As soon as we are ready to leave come and get me. I'm going to talk to Kenobi." Maul said and walked away from Feral before he could say something. He walked to the room he could sense Obi-wan in and he stopped. What would he say? He knew Obi-wan was mad at him for saying that the Jedi's friend was stepping into the dark side and for not talking about the past. But what would he say about his past? All he could remember was his training as a Sith and very very little before Sidious had taken him.
Maul never felt this nervous about anything, but when he was trying to please Sidious. He took a breath in and opened the door to the room expecting to see an unhappy Obi-wan meditating, but he saw his Zabrak body asleep on a bed. Maul walked over to the sleeping form and noticed that it was tossing and turning as it slept.
He's having a nightmare? Maul thought and sat down on the bed next to him. He shook the sleeping Jedi's shoulders.
"Kenobi, wake up." Maul shook the Jedi more and jumping up from his sleep Obi-wan gasped looking around.
"Kenobi, you're fine. It was just a dream." Maul said calmly as Obi-wan looked at his Zabrak hands than at Maul. His eyes filled with pain as the Jedi stared into the blue and yellow calm eyes. Unexpected to Maul, Obi-wan embraced him in a tight hug. Maul felt the Jedi shake and could sense the fear radiating off of him. Maul slowly wrapped his arms around Obi-wan. He felt slightly awkward as he held his old body but protective wanting to comfort the frightened Jedi.
"It was terrible." Maul heard the Jedi mumble into his shoulder.
"What was?" Maul asked moving them further into the bed.
"The dream. All the sadness, the pain. You just wanted to go home." Obi-wan said holding tightly onto Maul, who silently held Obi-wan close.
"He tricked her... Manipulated her into his ways." Obi-wan said softly as he rested against Maul.
"I know, Kenobi, I know." Maul simply said softly as he held the Jedi. He wanted to savor the moment, being this close to Jedi, being wanted by Obi-wan was all he ever wanted, but he was being haunted by his past that he buried in his mind for years.
"Everything will be fine, Kenobi, just rest." Maul said starting to leave the embrace to check up on the Padawan and Feral.
"I don't need to rest Maul. I am fully capable of staying awake and alert." Obi-wan said being rebellious of his counterparts commands. Maul snarled for a second than relaxed back down on the bed realizing how many moments he got to be with Obi-wan like this.
"Alright than. If you're no longer going to rest, I'll rest than." Maul said as he laid down hoping that him relaxing would keep Obi-wan's mind off about being mad at him for his conclusion about the Jedi's friend.
Obi-wan looked at the relaxed Sith surprised. Obi-wan never thought he would be in the presence of a Sith who just didn't care about who they around that's so relaxed even around a Jedi. Obi-wan thought that the relaxing around Jedi was probably just part of his training, but never this relaxed. If Obi-wan was another Jedi, he would probably try to arrest Maul right now. Obi-wan laughed to himself as Maul watched him in wonder of what the Jedi was laughing about. Obi-wan relaxed as he was sitting peacefully next to the Sith Lord who had done so much bad and was trying to do good by helping some Jedi try to take down his old master. The Sith Lord that calls a Jedi: mate.
Obi-wan decided to not bring the point that he wanted to talk to Maul about what would have to happen if they wanted to get Anakin back with them and to take down Sidious. Obi-wan pushed all those thoughts aside as he just sat relaxed next to dangerous Sith Lord, who watched the Jedi with eyelids half open.
Only after a disaster do things flourish better than before. The Jedi thought as he laid down next to the Sith.
Maul completely opened his eyes watching the Jedi that he fought everyone even himself for, the Jedi he fought to protect, the Jedi he had deep feelings for. The one the Force had chosen for him.