The panic

After having as strange meal with his mother, Maul needed to see Satine. Something about that vial that his mother gave him was oddly familiar, but he couldn't figure out what it was.
He found her outside watching some of her Mandalorians and Nightbrothers spare with each other.
"Satine." Maul caught her attention and she looked over at him.
"Oh hello Maul." Satine had a small smile on her face. She was finally able to relax after all the battles and losses.
"Where's Arsayh?" Maul quickly took notice of the small Mandalorian's absence.
"She's with Ranx saying their goodbyes to Kragr. We asked Mother Talzin if we could bury him here and she let us." Satine explained to him.
"Do you recognize this vial Satine?" Maul asked pulling the vial out of his pocket.
"I do, but I'm not sure of where I've seen it." Satine took the vial from him to have a closer look than it clicked in her head. "It looks like the one Obi-wan had in the hologram."
"Are you sure?" Maul questioned her
"Yes, absolutely. But didn't Obi-wan say it could be some kind of poison?" Satine asked
"He wasn't sure of what it could possibly be." Maul said and he turned back to the direction he came from.
"I'm going to directly ask Mother what she gave him." Maul snarled as he could hear Obi-wan's words from the hologram echo in his head.
'She said that Maul would be the death of me and of others and if I didn't want that path, that I should take it.'
'Something in me is telling me to take it.'
'It could be poison.'
'I don't want to hurt Maul.'
Maul shook his head trying to clear it from Obi-wan's haunting voice. He saw his mother in front of Feral's medical room. He saw that she was looking at something in her hand.
"The doctors required my assistance in getting this off of your brother."
"What is that mother?" Maul asked and saw that it was a tracker in her hand.
"The doctors found this on the back of Feral's neck. When we removed it, it had taken a great deal of my magik." Mother Talzin hissed
"They know that we're here." Maul said taking a deep breath trying to see if he could sense any ship, but he could sense nothing.
"We must be prepared for an attack. I'll go prepare my army and the Nightbrothers. Stay here where it'll be safe." Maul snarled at her hoping that she would listen to him. He didn't want to lose anyone else in his family to the Sith or the Empire.

As Maul made it outside he remembered that he didn't ask Mother Talzin what was in the vial she gave Obi-wan. He growled at himself and pushed the thought aside, there were more important things to take care of now. He could always ask later.

Maul had everyone in the main hall announcing the soon attack. Satine stood by Maul in disbelief and worry that the attacks were still coming. They had retreated from Mandalore and Zanbar and still the Empire was attacking. She realized that the Empire didn't want their planets, the Empire wanted Maul. To kill their biggest enemy.
Satine had looked to her side and saw Mother Talzin entering the hall quietly, not even Maul had sensed her.
"Blood will be spilled men." Maul had continued his speech than the wall behind Maul had exploded.
"You're right Maul. Blood will be spilled. Yours." A rough voice spoke with the loud breathing of some kind of
respirator.
"Skywalker." Maul snarled at the new Sith Apprentice. Oh how he wished he would of been able to cut of the ex-Jedi's limbs, but with the sound of things, Maul at least made one or both of his lungs collapse. Another little victory for Maul. If Sidious hadn't been there that day Anakin would have surely died.
"No matter how many times you fail, you never seem to learn this lesson Maul," Sidious spoke walking up next to his new apprentice. "There is only one vision for this universe, mine, and you will never win."
"At last, the great deceiver has come to meet his doom." Maul said calmly igniting the blue lightsaber.
"I've come to end this farce once and for all." Sidious had ignited only one of his lightsabers and Vader had ignited his new red lightsaber. Maul went to attack Sidious until he saw green lighting-esqe mist collide with Sidious' lighting.
"Mother!" Maul said shocked than quickly dodged an attack from Vader.
"Our battle is not yet over Maul." Vader said facing Maul.
"You're right and now Kenobi and Savage are not here to stop me from killing you." Maul snarled with a smirk.
As Maul and Vader fought neither of them could get the upper hand for a great amount of time.
Skywalker has learned. Maul thought to himself than he saw Sidious' lighting overpower his mother's and shock her.
Maul stood there with his eyes wide and grinding his teeth as Vader didn't cease his attacks. Maul kept blocking the onslaught looking for a point were he can jump out of the battle to help his mother. He heard her groans of pain. She had limited magik and she knew it. Maul knew she couldn't taken much more.
"Enough!" Maul heard Mother Talzin shout and the lighting ceased and so did Vader's attack. It had slightly confused Maul. Weren't they there for him?
"You are about to die witch." Sidious hissed walking up to her as she laid on the floor. Maul used the force to push Sidious back and to everyone's surprise, using her own force Mother Talzin pulled Vader to her. She choked him as she stood up. Something was off though, Vader was struggling more than he should be if he was being choked. A green mist came out of Vader and had entered her. Maul looked stunned at her as she tossed Vader aside. Maul studied Vader's body.
Is he dead?! Maul thought to himself he didn't see a single movement coming from the Sith Apprentice. Maul thought he would be angry at anyone who stole a kill from him, but right now he was utterly stunned. He looked at Sidious and he looked as shocked as Maul was.
"You are going to die witch. Both you and your son." Sidious hissed and Maul looked back at the crowd watching them fight. He saw one of the warriors quickly go up to Satine and whisper something into her ear. She had nodded and the Mandalorians rushed out of the building. Satine had looked at Maul. He hissed and tossed her the darksaber.
"Don't die." Maul said she gave him a soft smile before she left with the other Mandalorians.
"Protect the Duchess and Dathomir!" Maul shouted at the Nightbrothers as he sensed a fleet of droids landing on Dathomir. Before he knew it Mother Talzin sent out her own lighting again and Sidious returned the favor with his own. He sent out his lighting with one hand and sliced the magik lighting with his lightsaber when it got close to him. Maul stood there stunned. His mother was over powering Sidious.
"You can do it mother!" Maul shouted as Sidious took a step back from her lighting, he put away his lightsaber and sent out lighting with both of his hands ceasing Mother Talzin's creeping green lighting. He had held it in one spot, but still dangerously close to him. Maul had taken notice than that Vader had stood back up and ignited his lightsaber.
"We're not done here." Vader hissed as his respirator sparked, but he attacked like there was no damage. Maul and Vader constantly locked blades and looked over at the battle next to them. Sidious' lighting was slowly taking control. Maul pushed Vader back slightly and surprised Vader by cutting his non-dominant arm off. Vader dropped his saber to clutch his shoulder.
"You can do it mother! Fight!" Maul shouted and was suddenly thrown back. Sidious had redirected his lighting for a moment to hit Maul. Maul's legs were stunned and he saw his mother flash a worried look back at him.
"Don't worry about me!" Maul snapped at her. As she held a stand still between hers and Sidious' lighting.
"Focus! Focus on the fight at hand." Maul snarled as he stumbled up forcing his legs to move.
"Mother, take my strength." Maul said placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Yes your rush to oblivion is at an end." Sidious cackled not even a moment after that Sidious sent out a sudden surge of power and lighting forcing Mother Talzin's lighting to be turned into a defense shield.
"Fight! Mother! Fight!" Maul shouted at her as Sidious' lighting was trying to find its way pass her shield. Vader grabbed his lightsaber slowly making his way to the two Dathomirians. Maul was too focused on his mother fighting back to notice the approaching Sith.
At the hole in the wall, Mandalorians landed a ship and Satine quickly ran out of it.
"Maul! Dathomir is lost!" Satine shouted at him with another Mandalorian joining her.
"We must retreat!" The Mandalorian shouted at him and he looked back at the shocked and panicked. This wasn't possible. This wasn't supposed to happen.
"Go, my son." Mother Talzin looks at Maul through the corner of her eyes and he places his hand back on her shoulder.
"We can escape together!" Maul said not wanting to leave her.
"Maul! We have Feral!" Satine shouts at him.
"Not this time, if I lower my defenses, you will die. Run! Leave with your brother!" Mother Talzin shouts at him and quickly spares some magik to throw Maul to the ship. She made sure her magik stunned his legs.
"MOTHER!" Maul screamed as Satine and the Mandalorian dragged him to the ship. He struggled trying to escape from them to his Mother. They saw Vader get pass her defense shield.
"Now. You die witch." Vader hissed and ignited his lightsaber as Talzin struggled to keep her shield up.
"MOTHER! NO!" Maul struggled more as he started to get the feeling in his legs back. Satine and the Mandalorian held him back as Vader stabbed Mother Talzin through her chest. Maul kept struggling he just wasn't gaining enough feeling in his legs to move them as he was being dragged back.
Mother Talzin's skin cracked as green mist fled from her dying body.
"No! NO!" Maul said reaching out to her as if he concentrated hard enough she would be brought back to life. But he knew he couldn't do that. He struggled one last time before the door of the ship shut him and the others inside and it took off at top speed leaving Dathomir.

"So. Maul has another brother." Sidious hummed amused as he and Vader looked out the hole in the wall at the battlefield. Countless numbers of Nightbrothers, Mandalorians and droids lied dead as some Mandalorians and Nightbrothers retreated from the constant onslaught of droids.
"Tell Grievous to kill everyone, than get yourself some medical treatment Lord Vader." Sidious ordered
"Yes my master." Vader was holding his bleeding shoulder as he bowed than left to complete his master's order.