Dinner and drinks are on me!

Maul waited patiently in a dark and damp back room with only two of the guards waiting with him. Maul not even slightly regretting what he did to the pirate in the bar. Only that it caught the attention of someone high. But all of Maul's regrets faded away as he took a breath and turned to see who was entering the room.
"Ah, so this is who was causing the trouble in my bar." The leader of these Weequay pirates Maul assumed was talking.
"No one walks into my bar anymore wearing a black cloak like that. Who are you and what do you want hear?" The leader demanded to know and Maul lowered his hood.
"I only seek to hide away from the empire in peace." Maul simply answered
"And killing one of my men is your definition of peace?!" The leader asked completely confused and slightly angered
"He had insulted my mate and I let nothing of those standard pass." Maul remained calm as he spoke to the pirate.
"Your mate! Well I don't want to see what you would do if someone insulted your mother!" The pirate quickly shirted up and raised his hand when he saw Maul glaring at him.
"My apologies, it just slipped. Aye yie yie! Nothing like ever happened before this empire showed up and when Kenobi always popped in making sure everything was ok! Ah, when he was here business was good. But know once the empire took over he scurried away and hid like some animal!" The leader said and Maul grabbed him by his shirt and slammed him against the wall.
"Kenobi is not some animal! Kenobi doesn't run away and hide!" Maul snarled at the pirate.
"Wait wait wait wait! You know Kenobi too? I have been trying to get a hold of him for the past three months to offer him shelter and food here! But he never answered!" The pirate changed the topic slightly and Maul's grip on the pirate lightened and he dropped the pirate.
"So tell me, do you know where Kenobi has been?" The pirate asked curiously
"Kenobi..." Maul's throat was dry when he spoke the name
"Yes yes do you know where he is?" The pirates pressed for an answer.
"He's dead." Maul answer with a saddened look on his face.
"He's dead?" The pirate asked quickly completely shocked.
"Well now I'm semi-speechless. Well than, anyone that was a friend of Kenobi's, is a friend of mine." The pirate stated and placed a hand on Maul's shoulder.
"Come my friend, forget about all this killing business. Dine and drink with me, to celebrate the good times we all had with Kenobi." The pirate leader offered and lead Maul out of the room and to a dining area.
Hondo, Maul and some of Hondo's gang dined together. It made Maul happy hearing the adventures Obi-wan had before Maul had returned back into the Jedi's life. Hondo turned to Maul questioningly.
"So Maul, tell us, you say you're a very close friend with Kenobi, just how close were you two hmmmm?" Hondo asked and his gang agreed they all wanted to know how close Maul and Obi-wan were.
"I don't want to talk about it. I rather hear more stories about Kenobi." Maul said even if the stories were greatly exaggerated.
"No no no no no. Enough of the stories for now. Come on tell us we all are curious! Just tell us how close you two were!" Hondo insisted
"In the beginning, we are enemies per se, I was a... bounty hunter and I was hired to kidnap and force the Queen of Naboo to sign a treaty that made an invasion legal, to keep the Jedi from interfering. Back then, Kenobi was just a padawan, we had fought quite a bit with his master over the Queen.... well you see time had passed and Kenobi and I realized we had feelings for one another. Than he became my mate." Maul said leaving out all the details he didn't want to remember.
"Wait a second!" Hondo stood up from his seat shocked.
"I am semi-speechless once again! You're tell me that you and Kenobi were mates?! And that one of my men had insulted Kenobi?! You could have just told me my friend! I would have killed him myself!" Hondo said than he raised a new filled glass.
"To Kenobi and his adventurous life. May we only think about the good times we've had with him and the good he's done for this galaxy and for our business. May he never be forgotten." Hondo said and Maul couldn't help but chuckle. Sure this man was a pirate, but either way he was a friend to Obi-wan even if the friendship between the two was more like acquaintances it was nice for the former Sith to be around a different crowd of people to form new and nice memories of adventures Obi-wan and his friend had. Maul could easily pick out what was exaggerated in the stories as Hondo continued before and after his toast, but it didn't matter. His memories of the past weren't there to haunt him.