You Find Out Your Son Is Depressed

Joe: Lately, your son hasn't been acting himself, he hasn't been eating, he hasn't been sleeping and he wasn't talking much either. Something was definitely up with him, so when he left for school, you and Joe went up to his room to find out what was going on. Unfortunately, your worst fears were confirmed when you found a collection of razors and a few suicide notes under his bed.

The both of you cried your eyes out as you read through each of them, every single one apologizing to you and Joe about how he'd been acting different and how he was ending his life so soon.

"He was gonna kill himself?" Joe asked.

You nodded your head.

"Why didn't he come to me? He could've said something." Joe cried out.

"I don't know, but at least we found out before he actually did anything." you said.

"I don't think so. Look." Joe said holding up a razor blade with a few hints of blood on it.

You broke down crying as Joe held you in his arms.

"Why would he hurt himself?" you asked.

"I don't know, but we are gonna confront him about this when he gets home." Joe said.

~~~~~

Later that day, your son came home from school and you say him down in the living room.

"What are we doing?" your son asked.

"We know about the razors and the notes." Joe said with tears in his eyes.

"You do?" your son asked.

"Yeah, we do, now we're not mad, we just want to know why would you want to kill yourself? Why would you do that when we have done our best to give you everything?" Joe asked.

"Because you guys are never there for me, that's why. Dad you're always filming or on tour with your friends and mom, you are always at work. You never have time for me." your son said.

"That's okay. You know your mother and I would be more than willing to start taking more days off to get to spend time with you. If that's your wish, then your wish is my command." Joe said hugging your son.

Murr: You and Murr had been noticing that your son hasn't been acting the same, so you decided to sit down and talk with him in the living room.

"Why am I here?" your son asked.

"Because we know that you haven't been acting the same lately. We know that you are going through something and we want to help you get through it, we really do, but you have to tell us what has been your problem lately because we can't seem to figure out what's been going on with you ourselves." Murr said.

"Fine. Lately I've been feeling a little depressed." your son said.

"Depressed?" Murr asked.

"Yeah." your son said refusing to look either of you in the eye.

"Have you self harmed at all? Had suicidal thoughts? Anything at all?" Murr asked.

Your son slowly lifted up the sleeve of his shirt and revealed small cuts on his arm.

You began sobbing as Murr put his arm around you.

"You aren't mad at me, are you?" your son asked, trying to hold back tears.

"Of course not. I'm just upset that you didn't go ahead and tell us what was going on." Murr said.

Tears began streaming down your son's face as Murr reached out and embraced the both of you in a group hug.

"Please don't hurt yourself again, when you cry, it makes me cry and when you're sad, it makes me sad and when you hurt yourself, it makes me feel like I let you down." Murr said.

Sal: Your son hasn't been eating, he hasn't been sleeping and his grades have been slipping in school lately. Sal, being the concerned parent that he always was went up into your sons room and found a box of razors, suicide notes, and pill bottles. As Sal set them on the kitchen counter in front of you, he had tears in his eyes.

"He's depressed." Sal managed to get out before crying even more.

"Why would he be depressed?" you asked looking at Sal, trying to find an answer by looking into his eyes.

"I don't know." Sal said.

"Let me see one of those notes." you said beginning to read.

You weren't even halfway through the note before you were in tears, you and Sal holding onto each other.

"He could've told me." Sal said quietly.

"What?" you asked.

Sal pulled away from your embrace.

"He could've told me!" Sal yelled, punching the wall.

"Okay, Sal, I think you need to calm down now." you said.

"Calm down? Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down when my son has depression?" Sal asked.

"Look, we will find out what's wrong when he gets home." you said.

~~~

A few hours later, your son came into the house and started walking upstairs before Sal called him back down.

Your son made his way back down the stairs and stood in front of you.

"Explain this to me." Sal said, showing your son the box that he had gotten from his room.

"Dad, I'm so sorry, I'm just depressed." he said trying to explain himself.

"Son, you don't have to apologize. Just knowing that you are still alive is all that is important to me. Just please, whatever you do, just promise you won't hurt yourself again." Sal said before hugging him.

Q: Q noticed that your son had been depressed lately, there was no hiding it, especially from Q, who used to suffer from depression himself. All the signs were there. Lack of interest in things he had enjoyed doing, not eating, not sleeping and not talking.

Q told you about his suspicions and you guys decided to sit down with your son and have a talk with him to get to the bottom of this.

You called him into the dining room, which is where most of your family meetings took place and Q called him out on being depressed.

Your son couldn't hide it anymore, he just let the tears fall down his face and he later his head down on the table.

"Dad, I-" your son started, but got cut off by Q.

"You don't have to explain. I've been in your shoes, I've been depressed before, I've hurt myself, I've thought about suicide. Anyway, I'm not mad at you, just next time you feel this way, don't hesitate to come up to me or your mother." Q said, getting up from the table and going around to the other side to give your son a hug.

A/N: Thank you for reading, there will be a part two for this that I will eventually post! This was requested by R00k419! Remember that if you have a request that all you have to do is comment below! Plus this may be my best writing yet, so go ahead and vote.