Wolf!

My footfalls were quiet almost soundless as I carefully stalked my prey. The rabbit paused to sniff the air instinctively knowing I was near. I froze mid stride knowing the game was on that any moment now my prey would up its tail and flee its furry ass out of here. But what it does not know is that I would be ready and waiting.

We were both statue still. Each waiting for the other to make the first move. Rabbit thought to wait me out but there was none more patient on a hunt then me. There was no way I was letting my prey get away. I knew instinctively what I had to do to provoke its response.

Without moving a hair on my body I suddenly cocked an ear. Rabbit took off like a bat out of hell. It ran helter scelter looking for refuge. A place to hide to cover in fear. I let it have its head start. I was no ordinary hunter. It was only fair.

Then I straightened from my half crouch and took off after it. My paws thundered the ground after it. I watched as its sensitive bunny ears flickered picking up the sound and no doubt amplifying. I could hear its little heart patter at rapid speeds like the fluttering sounds of a bird. It excited me. I closed in. I was still a distance away but I knew it was time. My hind muscles contracted and braced for a final launch into the air. I sprung forth in a mighty leap that no ordinary wolf could manage.

My paws landed on either side of its trembling body just scant seconds ahead of it. I lowered my head opened my mouth then snapped my jaws shut around it soft tender neck, catching it just as it attempted to backtrack, to skitter out of under my legs.

I lifted my migty head and gave it a hard shake. I knew my prey was dead from that single snap of my mouth but I would make certain. My movement tossed its little body in such a way that ensured it was dead. Bones cracked and broke and with a last final head shake its body was soft mallable enough for me to gulp down in a single swollow. But I had been taught to chew my food so I walk over to a dense green turf and settled down to consume my snack.

I was tired out of my run. The meal helped settle my empty stomack. But it was getting dark and I was expected. So I bunched up my muscles and set out for a final run back. My movement swift and sure I moved at speeds no ordinary wolf could even hope to compete with. My body was a powerhouse to be contended with. I was a foe to all who dared cross my path.

I make it to my usual spot and without hesitating I take the final leap forward. One that would launch me over the rocks and plunge me into the depths of the pool beneath.

I saw my black furred wolf reflection shimmer in the water beneath a split second before the change had me shifting back into my usual athletic and lushous form. My stomach muscles were lean, my beast high and firm. I was not someone to be contended with. I meant business and everything about me right up to the long strands of my jet black hair told this.

I hit the water with out a splash. It was a soundless entry making barely a ripple. I was up and out of the water a split second later. I whipped the wet strands out of my face and moved to where my clothes lay.

I had a dinner function to attend in just an hour away so in unnatural speeds to dress in my shorts and sports bra and take of at a run back to civillisation. I lifted my head to blow a loud whistle and my black labrador crashed through the bushes to join me to lope along side all the way home.

To the casual onlooker we met on the way I was merely a slender young girl out for a run with her beloved pet dog.